By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass cancellation of Xbox One pre-orders?

It takes a real idiot to cancel a preorder because of a cross gen multiplatform title. But I digress. I wasn't aware when you had like a million+ preorders that 1 guy canceling it constituted a "mass cancellation" but whatever.

People are going crazy about a small resolution difference that most people aren't going to know/care about. The Xbox DLC deal means more to people than this resolution difference ever will.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
dane007 said:
you gto to be a stupid gamer to cancel your preorder cause the launch games are rushed and don't meet the 1080p. Seriously what have gamers become. What happened to simply enjoy a game regardless on how it looks.?

I have a 55" 1080p tv. If the Xbox one exclusives are not enough to hold me over, the resolution amongst multiplatform titles can be a legit issue. And yes, gameplay is king.  But resolution is icing on the cake. Especially when you pay less for more icing. Now, you have more money to play more games. Works out pretty well, doesn't it? 

I have the same size tv for games .Some of the best games out there have terrible graphics but their gameplay is sublime. One to note is FFVII And chrono trigger. DO they have good graphics  especially on a 55 inch tv ? lol. Look at bf4 , you can't tell difference. When in motion and with everythign happenign very quickly , the difference itself is small and barely noticeable. Look at ps3 at launch. The price difference ws huge and sufferd from poor multiplatform graphics. Did people complain as much or di dsay sony isstill king ,, just you wait,, they will reign king. Just because its MS ,, XO is gettign all this unecessary hate when its a good console.  I am confident you won't see any difference with COD as it looks Current Gen with Fish Ai lol.  Well that would work if you are on  a tight budget  but what you get for 100 bucks more is not that bad and yes i am referring to kinect and their online service with their dedicated servers. I had bad experiences with psn online with it crashing ,logging me out and slowdown ,, therefore i am doubful about it on the ps4.

For the longest time the PS3 had inferior ports. It did not stop it from being a good system.

You seem to forget that the PS3 was being outsold by the 360 when it was at $600 with all those problems you mentioned above. There is no deny that kinect has a lot of potentiel. But until that potentiel is unlock, I just don't see myself buying it yet and specially not at $500.

"A true gamer" for me is someone who hold at least 2 gen system and maybe 1 Handled if you can afford it.. Otherwise you are just a regular gamer.

I didn't forget about that . I was talking about the multiplas being inferior by a huge margin on teh ps3 in teh first few years of its launch and how that , it still didn't stop peopel from buying their consoles,, even if it got outsold by xbox 360 initially.  Was the ps3 weak in power because of that ?? I don't think so as shown by TLOU and UC3. What i am trying to say is  that ,, these are launch games and are bound to have technial problems as they are forced to meet launch deadlines . Plus as you an see neither consoels are fully ready at launch ,, based on a number of features that won't be available at launch. Fair enough as you are entitled to your opinion. From what they have shown ,, is good enough for enough ,, heck what you can do with killer instinct ,ryse and forza is pretty interesting as well. I like when companies try somethign bold and go out of the gamers comfort zone . It brings new creative ideas as just standard gaming like what the ps4 offers can get boring from time to time :P
Agree with your quote lol. I was tryiing to be fair as not everyone can afford all consoles and all handhelds lol. It Should be " true gamer"  is someone who can afford all gen systems and handhelds and can enjoy gaming equally regardless who has more power :P. That way you are not biased towards a console.

I get your point now and i cant argue with it. If you decided to go xbox one i doubt its because of COD. And cancelling pre order because of that sounds stupid to me. People seems to forget its only launch and you buy the console as a minimum 6 years investment.

dane007 said:
LivingMetal said:
dane007 said:
you gto to be a stupid gamer to cancel your preorder cause the launch games are rushed and don't meet the 1080p. Seriously what have gamers become. What happened to simply enjoy a game regardless on how it looks.?

I have a 55" 1080p tv. If the Xbox one exclusives are not enough to hold me over, the resolution amongst multiplatform titles can be a legit issue. And yes, gameplay is king.  But resolution is icing on the cake. Especially when you pay less for more icing. Now, you have more money to play more games. Works out pretty well, doesn't it? 

I have the same size tv for games .Some of the best games out there have terrible graphics but their gameplay is sublime. One to note is FFVII And chrono trigger. DO they have good graphics  especially on a 55 inch tv ? lol. Look at bf4 , you can't tell difference. When in motion and with everythign happenign very quickly , the difference itself is small and barely noticeable. Look at ps3 at launch. The price difference ws huge and sufferd from poor multiplatform graphics. Did people complain as much or di dsay sony isstill king ,, just you wait,, they will reign king. Just because its MS ,, XO is gettign all this unecessary hate when its a good console.  I am confident you won't see any difference with COD as it looks Current Gen with Fish Ai lol.  Well that would work if you are on  a tight budget  but what you get for 100 bucks more is not that bad and yes i am referring to kinect and their online service with their dedicated servers. I had bad experiences with psn online with it crashing ,logging me out and slowdown ,, therefore i am doubful about it on the ps4.

You will definitely be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. But I just don't understand why you would pay an extra $100 (or like $40 or $50 if you get a camera) for worse graphics if the Xbox One exclusivse don't captivate you. The extra money from PS+ subscriptions should help them improve their servers

Around the Network

This was always expected from the very beginning that the xbox one may not be able to match the ps4 in resolution or graphic detail at the same resolution. Nothing has changed. All I can think is there was some sort of denial going on.

The xbox one still has marginally more cpu processing power, awesome rumble triggers and whatever game advantages kinect brings.

I've made the decision not to buy a xbox one early due to the ridiculous price of the console for the hardware on offer but fully intend to get one down the line.

The pixel difference isn't a deal breaker surely, unless you own a projector maybe.

The original xbox offered 480p gaming and even some 720p and 1080i games where as the ps2 was almost exclusively 480i or 576i but it never stopped the ps2 outselling the xbox massively.

smroadkill15 said:
mutantclown said:
superchunk said:
All this crying over pixels is fucking pathetic.

I think most of the crying is over those $500 for a 720p console.

When has any launch title ever indicated a consoles full power? Just because Cod is 720p now doesn't mean it's locked at that framerate the rest of the gen, or any game for that matter. 

Games don't get any simpler, you know? If the hardware can't render these cross-gen games at 1080p, then I seriously doubt it'll do any better once games become even more power demanding. 

Munkeh111 said:
dane007 said:
LivingMetal said:
dane007 said:

You will definitely be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. But I just don't understand why you would pay an extra $100 (or like $40 or $50 if you get a camera) for worse graphics if the Xbox One exclusivse don't captivate you. The extra money from PS+ subscriptions should help them improve their servers

Hows it wors ewhen BF4 Comparison difference is minicule and theres footage for COD to show its difference so that one is mute. Again these are launch games ,, therefore they are rushed and not optimize so that they can meet the deadlines. Comparison should be made with the next batch of multiplatform games after launch. As i have said the differnce now is nowhere s bad as the difference was with ps3 at launch and peopel paid 600 bucks for it.  Paying 100 bucks more for kinect , sublime online service and 300,000 servers which can be use as dedicated servers plus the cloud services mainly to store save games which is unlimited ifyou are a gold member. All of that to me is not alot considering what you get. Plus on top of taht you get all the media content and multitasking of OS which has been shown . There are alot people who would be interested in that.  Yea thats true but sony won't be able  to compete with 300,000 servers as ms has more money to throw around lol.  Just enjoy the console you  chose to game on and if you can afford both then good on you :)

dane007 said:
LivingMetal said:
dane007 said:

Obviously, you're mad. And for the record, I've been playing the original Alice which came out over 10 years ago, and I need to get back on my DSiXL to finish Professor Layton and jump on some Etrian Odyssey. So these are some of the best more recent games that don't have the best graphics. Please don't get so offended just because a valid view point doesn't favor the Xbox one, but could favor gamers in general.

dane007 said:

They are no longer gamers, they have morphed into..... FANBOYS (dun dun dun). 

Symptom are :

Pixel Counting ("Like OMG!!! the grass is so much sharper on my console")

Superiority Complex ("Like OMG my console is 2,000,000 times stronger than yours")

Uncontrollable fantasies ("My console is on track to sell 500 times more than yours. Why would I need stats to back this up? Isn't it obvious?"

Be warned they're not any known cures for fanyboyism.  Perhaps one they can open there minds, and realise this stuff is overblown/fake or flatout doesn't matter