By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Sony died this gen?

Tagged games:

What if Sony died this gen?

I would leave gaming forever! 45 16.85%

It won't be easy but I w... 82 30.71%

I would switch, no problem here! 33 12.36%

I would go where their first party go! 52 19.48%

I would be happy! 55 20.60%

Total:267

Gaming would become better if one of the big corporate twins disspeared.

This because as much as the industry dislikes Nintendo, they want competition among hardware makers, so they would be forced to better their support for Nintendo.

And when a Nintendo console has good support is when console gaming is at it's best.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I would cry a lot. Then I would come to VGChartz and I would start bashing al Sony fans.

I would obviously go where the RPGs go. Up till now the majority have been on Playstation. Sure some good key games have gone to Nintendo and Microsoft but if I want 10+ per gen I always have to come back to Playstation.

If Sony were to quit though id be pretty sad. Nintendo would probably end up being the only viable console for a majority of the RPGs I play. And frankly I think Nintendo actually holds third party developers back from reaching their full potential.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

The big thrid will stay for ever maybe new compititor will abondon rapidly if they fail with theisr consoles

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

That would be quite unfortunate. I'd have to keep track of what happened to their IPs and their studios. Keep a DS4 so I can play PC games with it when the mood strikes, and hope that Nintendo picks up the slack with Japan developed nichey games.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Most of the sony audience just play shooters, realistic racing simulators and good action games.

You can find those anywhere.

It's not like being a Nintendo gamer and the company bails out of the game. Nobody else has Mario, not even the rip offs come close. Same thing for Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Zelda, you name. Nintendo is much more unique than the others.

For the Microsoft case, I think if I ask some people to name 5 microsoft IP's they gonna struggle.

Halo, Gears, Forza, Dead Rising 3, Project Spark, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, D4

I would prob just go with the next ms console as my primary. I had both this gen anyways. Though i would def miss the ps exclusives.

Zkuq said:
Not a big deal, I'm primarily a PC gamer anyway.

You realise that Sony dying would mean less gamers worldwide, which would mean games sales, which would mean less games overall.

Lawlight said:
Zkuq said:
Not a big deal, I'm primarily a PC gamer anyway.

You realise that Sony dying would mean less gamers worldwide, which would mean games sales, which would mean less games overall.

I haven't been a fan of AAA level games in a long time anyway, and I don't see smaller games going away. AAA games just have a ton of problems that are partially caused by the huge audience so if anything, I'd probably be happier if what you said was true.

:O