By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Sony died this gen?

Tagged games:

What if Sony died this gen?

I would leave gaming forever! 45 16.85%

It won't be easy but I w... 82 30.71%

I would switch, no problem here! 33 12.36%

I would go where their first party go! 52 19.48%

I would be happy! 55 20.60%

Total:267
Anfebious said:
Suke said:
I will go where their first party goes....mainly the Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank franchise

Where do you think they would go? Would they go anywhere?

Someone would buy them like Spyro and Crash and like those games they would be multiplatform if anyone ever made them. However, just because someone buys them doesn't means they will eventually make one.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

hat's because that's Dragon Quest. Games like Muramasa, No More Heroes and Tales of Graces have shown that software don't sell as much on the Nintendo systems - even when they're getting the games first.

If there was no Playstation console, japanese developers would have to put their games on Nintendo's console. And who knows they might sell well.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I'd probably just quit and not because I love Sony that much but because they are the only company that gives me what I like. Unless Nintendo returns to glory then I would have no problem going their way. I also suppose another company could come in that I might enjoy as much as Sony and if that were the case I would definitely educate myself to see if I would support that company

z101 said:
fireburn95 said:
Sony wont go - neither will MS - Nintendo will go if they make stupid decisions.
TBH this gen no one will go

If the PS4 is not a big success ... Sony will go.

Microsoft has lots of money, Nintendo too. Both companies could easily cope with a bad selling hardware.

But Sony is in a big financial crisis since years, was even forced to sell its headquarter building in Tokyo and fired thousand of employes. The Vita is a flop, if the PS4 is not a big hit it is a chance that not the whole company will say good bye but the Playstation division will surely closed.

You act as though poor sales equate to tons of losses and a niche product can not make money... well... GC would like a word with you

To be honest... it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Samsung just bought the gaming division of Sony if Sony were to go bankrupt. In that case I would definitely buy a Samsung Playstation Galaxy

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Max King of the Wild said:
To be honest... it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Samsung just bought the gaming division of Sony if Sony were to go bankrupt. In that case I would definitely buy a Samsung Playstation Galaxy

Oh man, that would be insane lol.

Yup. I would think it would basically just be a shift in management but then have the backing of Samsungs resources such as R&D/patents/engineers.

It depends on where my favorite games were located where I'd go to.

If Microsoft kept getting all the third party support and Nintendo was the good third party game here and there, then my first console would be Microsoft's and Nintendo's would be my second.

If Nintendo started to get more support and there wasn't much at all on Microsoft's console, then I would be Nintendo exclusive.

I know there will eventually be a time I can drop out of gaming for good and just play classic games. But that won't be until everything goes all digital. I have enough games to not need to bother with new games when everything is all digital.

If it actually came down to Sony almost going out of business though.  I'd rather have Sony and Nintendo merge before that could happen.  The Sony Nintendo Playstation 5.  Same goes if Nintendo almost went out of business. 

I won't do a MS only driven game industry. I'm sick of the fratboy dude bro COD NFL UFC lowest common denominator mainstream douchebag community they cater to and what they have done to my beloved pastime.

Not a big deal, I'm primarily a PC gamer anyway.

I'd be pretty gutted, but I'd manage. Valve are entering the console market and I like them a lot. By the time Sony leaves, I'd imagine the Wii-U might have picked up some steam and more games I'm interested in, too.

I'd keep a close eye on what happened to Sony's IP's. And where the third parties I'm interested in ended up.