By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Sony died this gen?

Tagged games:

What if Sony died this gen?

I would leave gaming forever! 45 16.85%

It won't be easy but I w... 82 30.71%

I would switch, no problem here! 33 12.36%

I would go where their first party go! 52 19.48%

I would be happy! 55 20.60%

Total:267

I don't give a shit about Sony. I care about the first party :)

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
ps3-sales! said:
You sound like a disappointed Nintendo fan.

Sony will win this upcoming generation. People don't like to accept that I guess. It's understandable.

I also think it's more likely that Microsoft bows out. Not this generation. They're coming off a high with the 360. But if the Xbone 2 or whatever doesn't do great, they could stop and just focus on PC. Also Valve won't make a big impact in console systems.

I would like it if you didn't call me a dissapointed Nintendo fan. I am not dissapointed at anything.

It isn't written in stone, It could happen, it's unlikely and I hope it doesn't happen. It's just a possibility, they really need the PS4 to be a hit!

Well Microsoft has a lot of money, I don't know it could happen too! But the Xbox One seems to be a console that will sell a lot!

Why? Nintendo is in the position of doom right now for consoles. They are still waiting for the Wii U to be a hit.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

FrancisNobleman said:
Most of the sony audience just play shooters, realistic racing simulators and good action games.

You can find those anywhere.

It's not like being a Nintendo gamer and the company bails out of the game. Nobody else has Mario, not even the rip offs come close. Same thing for Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Zelda, you name. Nintendo is much more unique than the others.

For the Microsoft case, I think if I ask some people to name 5 microsoft IP's they gonna struggle.

Halo, Gears, Forza, Dead Rising 3, Project Spark, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, D4

I would be happy. That would be a perfect opportunity to stop gaming. And I am broke because of gaming so I should stop anyway. Plus I have such a huge backlog that I won't play all of it if Sony doesn't exit the industry so die already!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

ps3-sales! said:

Why? Nintendo is in the position of doom right now for consoles. They are still waiting for the Wii U to be a hit.

The 3DS is doing incredible and they have a lot of money. I don't think they are going out but, it could happen. Just as Sony can go out or Microsoft can go out.

Besides they can turn it around! The 3DS did! And the PS3 also did it!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
ps3-sales! said:

The 3DS is doing incredible and they have a lot of money. I don't think they are going out but, it could happen. Just as Sony can go out or Microsoft can go out.

Besides they can turn it around! The 3DS did! And the PS3 also did it!

As long as you acknowledge that everyone of them have a possibility to bow out, then you are not biased. Therefore I like you :D

However, back to OT: If Sony does bow out. If for some reason, the Ps4 is a big hit early on, then has numerous software droughts/hardware issues, then Nintendo would easily reclaim the throne. I don't see Microsoft as much of a threat. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:

As long as you acknowledge that everyone of them have a possibility to bow out, then you are not biased. Therefore I like you :D

However, back to OT: If Sony does bow out. If for some reason, the Ps4 is a big hit early on, then has numerous software droughts/hardware issues, then Nintendo would easily reclaim the throne. I don't see Microsoft as much of a threat. 

Yeah I'm a Nintendo fan but I like all the big three. Well to be honest I dislike Microsoft a little xD. And I own every Sony console! And yeah I think everyone has a chance at droping out.

Yeah and maybe the Steam Machines would rise! I wonder what would happen with Sony's first party though...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

i no answer stupid questions

ExistentialNihilist said:
i no answer stupid questions

Hey don't be rude. It is a possibility I'm not saying it will happen.

Anfebious said:
ps3-sales! said:

Yeah I'm a Nintendo fan but I like all the big three. Well to be honest I dislike Microsoft a little xD. And I own every Sony console! And yeah I think everyone has a chance at droping out.

Yeah and maybe the Steam Machines would rise! I wonder what would happen with Sony's first party though...

I can't stand Microsoft as a company, however the 360 is a wonderful console. 

IDK about the steam machine. Would PC gamers be ok with transitioning into the living room?

Currently own:

• Ps4