By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Sony died this gen?

Tagged games:

What if Sony died this gen?

I would leave gaming forever! 45 16.85%

It won't be easy but I w... 82 30.71%

I would switch, no problem here! 33 12.36%

I would go where their first party go! 52 19.48%

I would be happy! 55 20.60%

Total:267

If they die....... THEY DIE....!!!!!!

No loss for me personally. (All DMC's bar DMC2, Bayonetta, Onimusha, NG 1&2>>>> GOW from a gameplay perspective, Halo>>>> Killzone, Forza>>>> GT, Never liked Ratchet and Clunk or Jak, Still to play UC2 to its completion, but after finishing 1, can't see myself been as impressed as many of the sony fans are on here, JRPG's? my least fave genre alongside RTS)

Business as usual for me.

Around the Network

I would probably be gaming on PC only.

fireburn95 said:
Sony wont go - neither will MS - Nintendo will go if they make stupid decisions.
TBH this gen no one will go

If the PS4 is not a big success ... Sony will go.

Microsoft has lots of money, Nintendo too. Both companies could easily cope with a bad selling hardware.

But Sony is in a big financial crisis since years, was even forced to sell its headquarter building in Tokyo and fired thousand of employes. The Vita is a flop, if the PS4 is not a big hit it is a chance that not the whole company will say good bye but the Playstation division will surely closed.

Anfebious said:
Player2 said:

Okay, I have to admit that that made me laugh.

Why? Japanese games can't sell on Nintendo consoles? Dragon Quest sells quite well on Nintendo consoles

They can, but they will switch before it's too late? The amount of support the Vita is getting (and that barely anybody considered going Vita/3DS multiplatform) makes me think they won't. A lot of them will die trying to save failed Sony systems.

You sound like a disappointed Nintendo fan.

Sony will win this upcoming generation. People don't like to accept that I guess. It's understandable.

I also think it's more likely that Microsoft bows out. Not this generation. They're coming off a high with the 360. But if the Xbone 2 or whatever doesn't do great, they could stop and just focus on PC. Also Valve won't make a big impact in console systems.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Meh, it would be sad in a way but would not stop me from gaming. Ive been through it before with atari & sega and it didnt slow me down.

Player2 said:

They can, but they will switch before it's too late? The amount of support the Vita is getting (and that barely anybody considered going Vita/3DS multiplatform) makes me think they won't. A lot of them will die trying to save failed Sony systems.

Well yes I think the Vita has a lot of support from Japanese developers, I think that with time the Vita could ve a viable option!

But if it enver comes to that I am sure they will jump ship to the 3DS, but it's too soon. The Vita TV is launching on japan this year! It could change it's fortunes!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

ps3-sales! said:
You sound like a disappointed Nintendo fan.

Sony will win this upcoming generation. People don't like to accept that I guess. It's understandable.

I also think it's more likely that Microsoft bows out. Not this generation. They're coming off a high with the 360. But if the Xbone 2 or whatever doesn't do great, they could stop and just focus on PC. Also Valve won't make a big impact in console systems.

I would like it if you didn't call me a dissapointed Nintendo fan. I am not dissapointed at anything.

It isn't written in stone, It could happen, it's unlikely and I hope it doesn't happen. It's just a possibility, they really need the PS4 to be a hit!

Well Microsoft has a lot of money, I don't know it could happen too! But the Xbox One seems to be a console that will sell a lot!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

If Sony died, it would only be to troll the competition and give them false hope. Other manufacturers' dreams and aspirations would raise extremely high, only for Sony to bring them smashing to the ground as the surprisingly "revive" themselves. Worse yet, when Sony does come back, they'll be ten times stronger and their first launch title would be The Last Guardian.

Microsoft/Nintendo would drop out of the industry immediately, not because they would go broke - they would go broke, but not that quickly - but they would drop out due to sheer respect of Sony's superiority. I expect them to both simultaneously recite the following statement: "After witnessing the greatness of this transformed Sony, we feel it is disrespectful for us to be categorized within the same realm as the company. As such, we our dropping out of the console industry and delegating to iPhone games." 

Iwata and Balmer would perform public sudoku

I would just play Uncharted and other exclusives on a different plastic box. As long as their games are still of quality i wouldnt be bothered.

Of course like you said they arent going anywhere though :)