By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Admits To Botching Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 Video Capature (Plus AO on XB1 in Day-1 Patch)

Tagged games:

crissindahouse said:

where did he say that he means you with this? he clearly meant another user in this thread.

I'm the only Sony fanboy one site

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
foodfather said:

All I got from that tweet is that the Xbox 1 version will look even better at launch, but the usual suspects have to come in and find a way to spin this into a ''PS4 verion was made to look worse''.

And who the hell is this Jack Frags, for all I know he could be purposfully doctoring the PS4 version to be better, it sure looks like it with stupid claims like PS4 MP looks better than XB SP. Guy sounds like an idiot

JackFrags is the official Battlefield YouTube uploader from D.I.C.E... all YouTube videos from D.I.C.E. goes to the JackFrags hands.

And what you trying to say with spin?

PS4 version is cleary superior like Digital Foundry stated... why will I spin a fact?

I'm confused. How does the PS4 version look clearly better??? 

http://i.minus.com/ibn2GRxUn2eTW5.gif

Can't take jackfrags sriously regardless of who he is, comments like this are complete bs

http://n4g.com/news/1382647/jackfrags-confirms-ps4-multiplayer-battlefield-4-looks-better-than-xbox-one-sp

ethomaz said:

crissindahouse said:

where did he say that he means you with this? he clearly meant another user in this thread.

I'm the only Sony fanboy one site

someone in this thread said that df tried to let the xb1 version look better. he even calls the console xbox 180 which alone shows what kind of guy he is if we talk about consoles...

foodfather said:

I'm confused. How does the PS4 version look clearly better???

http://i.minus.com/ibn2GRxUn2eTW5.gif

Can't take jackfrags sriously regardless of who he is, comments like this are complete bs

http://n4g.com/news/1382647/jackfrags-confirms-ps4-multiplayer-battlefield-4-looks-better-than-xbox-one-sp

It is not complete bs... you saw the PS4 multiplayer? It looks better than Xbone SP... and the Xbone MP looks terrible.

If you want to use DF like a source read the article... they says PS4 is cleary superior in graphics and performance... and the capture can be something to do with the different game level that you think means shappiness but it is only game level.

"This leads us to a second issue that affects both console releases: gamma levels. We went into the review event having never hooked up our equipment to either next-gen platform before, and our tests with BF4 gave some curious results we want to revisit with the final game on retail hardware. Similar to the Xbox 360, Microsoft's new platform seems to enforce a colour push towards the lower end, leaving us with more saturated colours and deeper blacks. It's just cause to head towards Battlefield 4's brightness settings, but in the interest of a fair test we kept this at the default 30 per cent for all platforms.

Curiously, the top end is also affected, causing the image to appear distinctly washed out, as if set to limited range. This is particularly evident on PS4, which is kept free of a comparable black push to Microsoft's platform to compensate. Right now there's every possibility that it could be a capture situation, but it is worth noting that we saw no such issue on our PC captures and after returning to base, the same equipment produced a perfectly balanced picture on our PlayStation 3."

crissindahouse said:

someone in this thread said that df tried to let the xb1 version look better. he even calls the console xbox 180 which alone shows what kind of guy he is if we talk about consoles...

DF didn't tried to make the Xbone version look better... they says the PS4 version looks better in the article... what they stated is that they had issues with the video capture in both consoles and they will "revisit with the final game on retail hardware".

People here are confusing different gama level with sharpness.

I take this IGN picture that have a similar gama level of colors... IGN didn't fit exactly the images so the DF work was better with the same scene.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Stopped reading at GAF.

/s

Love it :D

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

ethomaz said:

DF didn't tried to make the Xbone version look better... they says the PS4 version looks better in the article... what they stated is that they had issues with the video capture in both consoles and they will "revisit with the final game on retail hardware".

People here are confusing different gama level with sharpness.

all i wanted to tell you is that foodfather didn't mean you with his sentence!