By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Admits To Botching Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 Video Capature (Plus AO on XB1 in Day-1 Patch)

Tagged games:

XBone version had no AO? Does the PS4 version have AO?

If they add it in that day 1 patch then I wonder how it will affect the frame rate. AO gives a decent performance hit.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:
bananaking21 said:
kabamarutr said:
I also have a question regarding the tweeter feedback. Does it mean we can expect a better final product, regarding BF 4?

look at the IGN video. both footage look amazing. 

I don't disagree, but why not expect an even better final product? Perhaps I should have used the word "even" from the start, to avoid misinterpretations.

well from what i seen both versions look pretty damn great. i dont know whats up with the DF footage but the IGN one looks fantastic. The PS4 runs better though. (frame rate and res)

Euphoria14 said:

If they add it in that day 1 patch then I wonder how it will affect the frame rate. AO gives a decent performance hit.

im sure they would have worked things out so it doesnt. yes the PS4 version has AO. i wouldnt be surprised if the day pne patches improve performance for both versions even if they added some extra stuff like AO

bananaking21 said:
Euphoria14 said:

im sure they would have worked things out so it doesnt. yes the PS4 version has AO. i wouldnt be surprised if the day pne patches improve performance for both versions even if they added some extra stuff like AO

Maybe., but I have yet to see a situation where I have enabled AO on my games and didn't see a 3-5fps hit.

Not like that is anything MAJOR, just pointing it out.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I like botches in wrestling, if anyone cares...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Where was that guy stating show me the 50% performance extra performance of the PS4???? 50% eh?????? Where are you hiding?

900p vs 720p?

Better AA

better framerate

better image overall!

Even with DF trying their best to help the X180 cause they have failed!

I dont really understand can someone clarify?

I mean if the PS4 has shitty standard gamma settings why would DF "fix" them? (I am pretty sure they would not mess around with their calibrated "capture card settings". So its a console issue right?

I mean its the standard image the consoles deliver right? Alot of consumers will not care about playing around with their TVs gamma settings to compensate this so why shoud DF do this? (I have all my consoles plugged into my AVR and just 1 cable going into my HDTV)

Noone whined when they compared WiiU footage to other footage and WiiU also has shitty standard settings (look at the TRINE2 video) So why is this different? Thats the first time I see people giving a F*ck about that issue
First world problems.....

Thats basically what happened right? Correct me If I am wrong please thanks.

p.s.  does DF usually  "update" their "old" face offs? When retail versions are available? If not that would be really dumb.

Ashadian said:
Where was that guy stating show me the 50% performance extra performance of the PS4???? 50% eh?????? Where are you hiding?

900p vs 720p?

Better AA

better framerate

better image overall!

Even with DF trying their best to help the X180 cause they have failed!

I'm not sure which way your going with that comment are you bashing the PS4 or the Xbox One?

Euphoria14 said:

Its very easy to see the AO effect on PS4 and it being abscent on that XO build, look at the night time scenes, things like the street lights, which are fullly bright on XO even tho there behind trees, also in the car scene lights that go through the cars metal work. 

Glad theyve fixed it. 

JazzB1987 said:
I dont really understand can someone clarify?

I mean if the PS4 has shitty standard gamma settings why would DF "fix" them? (I am pretty sure they would not mess around with their calibrated "capture card settings". So its a console issue right?

I mean its the standard image the consoles deliver right? Alot of consumers will not care about playing around with their TVs gamma settings to compensate this so why shoud DF do this? (I have all my consoles plugged into my AVR and just 1 cable going into my HDTV)

Noone whined when they compared WiiU footage to other footage and WiiU also has shitty standard settings (look at the TRINE2 video) So why is this different? Thats the first time I see people giving a F*ck about that issue)
First world problems.....

Thats basically what happened right? Correct me If I am wrong please thanks.

It is digital foundry setthing in the capture equipment issue... if you get the game on your home just changing the Gama and Shappeninn of your HDTV setthings you can make the PS4 image looks like Xbone or Xbone looks like PS4.

The issue is because DF try to make a comparision using different setthing.

For exemple...

Xbone original DF image

PS4 Forced Limited RGB for looks like Xbone

Now the darker and shappeness looks similar.