By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NeoGAF: Xbox One OS and XBL having issues that will take months to fix

ethomaz said:

fighter said:

tbh kowenicki is right about you

but you know that already so... yeah, no news

Right about what?

did you forget just by erasing the quote

wow, poor you

Around the Network

Well this thread has really turned personal. Its like 3 on 1 right now. lol!

Gold thread from the usual suspects to the new ones joining the fray.
Lol'd @ gaf sony fanboys though.

Pemalite said:
Daisuke72 said:

And I will spend less money on my PS4 and Wii U and all of it's games for the same price of your hardware alone, and will have just as much fun as you, your point? If I spent $1,000 worth of GPU's alone than I'd want it to be pretty damn powerful as well. "Never" had technical errors, "never"? Pretty sure that's a stretch but let's not dwell on that. 

Your PS4 and WiiU can't play all the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, PSP, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dramcast, Sony MSX, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Decades worth of PC games either.

I also didn't spend $1,000 on GPU's either. I origionaly bought Triple Radeon 7970's just after launch for roughly $750 each, which I later sold to buy reference 7970's to water cool. - You do the math.
I'm also running at resolutions greater than 4k or "Ultra HD" or "Quad HD" which requires such hardware, something none of the consoles are capable of achieving this or next generation.
I also do more than just play games in order to justify my hardware purchases.

You don't even need to spend a fraction I have however to enjoy all games at high graphics at 1080P.

I also know what I'm doing, hence I don't run into technical issues, never had one. - Even if I did, I reiterate, I have access to the largest repository of information known to man-kind, what I don't know I will quickly learn.

Daisuke72 said:

But you're trying to match the PS4's value and that comes at a cost, simple and plain, and with the new system requirements fo next gen unless you already had a gaming PC of some sorts, you're pretty much forced to upgrade, and this is just the beginning of this gen.

Funny.
All the next generation launch games that are coming to PC are happy with a 6-7 year old Core 2 Duo/Core 2 Quad CPU's, with 6-8Gb of Ram and topping out with a 4 year old Radeon 5870, that's not exactly forcing upgrades on people considering that's recommended requirements and not minimum.

Daisuke72 said:

Wow, you saved a total of $10. Now if you only bought 340 more games then you might break even with the cost of a console, for your hardware alone that costed over 3K. Such value. 
Remote, I meant it as in buying a Xbox 360 remote to game on PC, since alot of PC Gamers take that over keyboard and mouse, which I detest but let's not go there.

I prefer the keyboard and mouse, thus you don't have to buy a console controller if you don't want, you have choice and choice is never a bad thing, is it?
That saving of $10 is only for pre-ordered games, not ones already released, you're telling me you have never bought a game because it looked good despite not being a new release?

Daisuke72 said:

lol are you seriously comparing F2P games as better values than AAA Games? You tacked on the yearly sub fees when calculating the price, so I simplt added the perks, sure you're renting them, but since it's a neccessity according to your assessment, why does it matter?

I edited my post just before you finished your reply, but read: EA bundle.

Daisuke72 said:
Uncharted doesn't use ladders, that was TLOU btw, and it shits on every PC exclusive that you enjoy, which is...the Sims? I could've sworn the Sims were on Consoles as well, I could've sworn that the Sims is a series and it's total sales are calculated as such, since what, the 90s? Meanwhile CoD sells 20 million a year, and the current pace it'll outsell the sims.

We must have played a very different game of uncharted then, ladders breaking? Quick time events? My God. No wonder I never finished it.
PC exclusives that I personally enjoy:
1) Civilization IV.
2) StarCraft 2.
3) Arma 3.
4) Anno.
5) The Settlers.
6) X series.
7) Heroes of Might and Magic.
8) Company of Heroes.

I'm looking forward in anticipation for StarCitizen too, big PC AAA exclusive that's going to be downright epic.

Daisuke72 said:
Also most of your points applies to enthusiats, who don't care for saving money in the first place on consoles, seeing as most steam users, well 3 out of 4 steam users PC's aren't up to par with next gen's, fuck I have steam installed on my laptop which packs a HD 3200, know why? Because I do enjoy casually playing some MOBAs on my comp. Hell, I play MOBA's for hours at a time, does that make me apart of the PC Gaming race?

Please, there are more PC's in the Steam survey that are faster than the Next-Gen consoles than there are Playstation 4's and Xbox One's in peoples homes.

Are you seriously using emulation as a perk for PC Gaming? Not only is it illegal 99% of the time, but it's really not comparable to playing it on the original systems in my opinion, even tho most emulators have netplay now. Althought admittedly emulation is pretty cool, BUT I can play N64, PSP, PSX, NDS, GBA, SEGA, and even gamecube games on my smartphone now, literally. So I guess mobile gaming is a better value than console gaming as well, huh?

And to enjoy games at high settings at 1080P at 60FPS you're looking at 7870 level GPU for most games, and for it to not bottleneck you'll prolly need a i5 - 3570K, that's $400 for the GPU and CPU alone, didn't even add in the high res monitor cost, motherboard, high speed ram, power supply, casing, keyboard and mouse, and etc. Even then before the gen is even over you'd be forced to upgrade due to PC games getting higher specifications to run games, which happens every gen and I have a feeling that BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are just the beginning.

Look at the system requirement for BF3 on PC, now look at what the consoles are working with, sure a 8800GT could prolly run it at console level, but the CPU, RAM, and probably dated bus would make it unplayable, that will happen again later this gen, because well, it happens every gen. 

Also, bullshit, the 5870 was the minimuim settings. 

Minimum System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • HDD: 50 GB HD space
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
  • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX: 11
  • Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

And I doubt the minimuim would allow you to play this game on high, 1080P at 60fps Also, like I said 75% of steam users don't even have something 5870 level, so a ton of people will have to upgrade.

Also, odds are if it's not a new release and I was interested in it, then surely I'd buy it, but then again it's prolly be $40 new and about $30 used by that time, and that's considering it's something that was released relatively quickly. 

Also, good for you, you enjoy PC exclusives more than the most critically acclaimed games this decade, that DOESN'T make anything you say true, however, to be honest you're superiority complex is a complete joke. You really think you're a better gamer because you enjoy playing at higher res's and different exclusives? Makes sense.

Also, I severely doubt that statistic you threw at the end will be the same late next year.

It's funny to see Microsoft fans attack Ethomaz for posting negative rumors on their beloved Xbone, then call the rumors bullshit and then why they become true they pass it off as something insignificant?

Better Multiplats? Who cares?? (Even tho they bragged about having better Multiplats this ENTIRE gen.)
OS Issues at launch? Meh.
I don't own Kinect on my 360 but since it's coming with Xbone it's suddenly an advantage!
Less powerful? WHo cares about power. (Even tho we shat on the Nintendo Wii U before Xbone specs were announced.)

Seriously it's fucking no point in attacking Ethomaz, he's not the one starting the rumor, the fact you guys are getting so angry over a god damn video game console is funny.

Around the Network

This is a new low for VGChartz.

Anyone thinking that Xbox one being the only one with problems are wrong. But it looks like the headache is bigger for MS. MS better make sure they get it right... Cause $500 + triple headache is still more expensive and more painfull then $400 + double headache.

kowenicki said:
Major Nelson just announced a Kinect Sports Rivals demo available for all free on launch day.

How the hell will anyone be able to download it!?

He also threw in a tweet about using the OS at home.... he's loving it apparently.

lol

The issue is with others features working together (in especial party chat)... you can download stufs... you need because Xbone didn't works without the day-1 patch.

Please read first the OP.

ethomaz said:

lol

The issue is with others features working together (in especial party chat)... you can download stufs... you need because Xbone didn't works without the day-1 patch.

Please read first the OP.

By God this rampant following of GAF rumours is fucking irritating.

Its a rumour. We have no idea if its true. Stop acting like its true. Im not even buying an Xbox One and youre getting on my tits with this smug, know it all attitude just because someone on GAF says something. Its a rumour. End of. If it gets to launch week and these problems are around, fine. Bring it up. Until then treat it as a rumour, nothing more. Stop telling people they will be crying and stop writing stuff as if its fact when there is no evidence at all.

Carl2291 said:

By God this rampant following of GAF rumours is fucking irritating.

Its a rumour. We have no idea if its true. Stop acting like its true. Im not even buying an Xbox One and youre getting on my tits with this smug, know it all attitude just because someone on GAF says something. Its a rumour. End of. If it gets to launch week and these problems are around, fine. Bring it up. Until then treat it as a rumour, nothing more. Stop telling people they will be crying and stop writing stuff as if its fact when there is no evidence at all.

Did you read his post? lol