By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft trying to keep publishers hush hush before launch, MULTIPLATFORM GAMES INFERIOR

ethomaz said:

Wright said:

Did you care when Ps3 had the inferior multiplats? You shouldn't have, really,

The gap is far way bigger this time and PS3 was the most powerful console... you can see that now that all the MP games release are on pair or better on PS3.

Sure, MAG is an incredible MP experience these days e_é

Around the Network
Wright said:

lol

Wright said:
9087 said:
yo_john117 said:
This is something I honestly don't care about. From what I've seen the X1 games look great for the most part and if they pass the minimum visuals test, which most do (I'm looking at you lococycle!) then I'm just fine with it. On top of that the features and games are exactly what I want. So getting one despite it being less powered than the PS4 is a no brainer for me.

Basically in other words, this is a non-factor for me.

you dont care that x1 has inferior multiplats?

Beyanetta or however ever the hell you spell it.

ethomaz said:
Wright said:

lol

But in all seriousness, people didn't care when the SP of the multiplatforms performed worse than a technically inferior console (aside from 360 owners bragging it because they took it too seriously, and people getting annoyed at this). I, at least, don't care that the multiplatforms will perform worse this time on the X1, as long as the developers don't give us vanilla Bayonetta Ps3 ports or lazy efforts as such xD

gooch_destroyer said:

Bayonetta was terrible... even me complained a lot

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
Wright said:
9087 said:
yo_john117 said:
This is something I honestly don't care about. From what I've seen the X1 games look great for the most part and if they pass the minimum visuals test, which most do (I'm looking at you lococycle!) then I'm just fine with it. On top of that the features and games are exactly what I want. So getting one despite it being less powered than the PS4 is a no brainer for me.

You caught me replying that to Etho xD

But bayonetta, at least, could be fixed through patchs. The Orange Box, for example, was never fixed. Ps3 owners had a buggy unplayable mess from beginning to end. The only good thing about it was the fact that they later had the best version of Portal 2.

Wright said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Wright said:
9087 said:
yo_john117 said:

But bayonetta, at least, could be fixed through patchs. The Orange Box, for example, was never fixed. Ps3 owners had a buggy unplayable mess from beginning to end. The only good thing about it was the fact that they later had the best version of Portal 2.

Xbox 360 had the shitty version of FF 13 and 13-2 but not that many fans like those games anyway.

LOL @ the gap "being noticeable" to the vast majority of gamers, no, they won't give a shit. Not everyone is obsessed with things looking immaculate and incredible. There comes a point when something looks "good enough".

gooch_destroyer said:
Wright said:

Xbox 360 had the shitty version of FF 13 and 13-2 but not that many fans like those games anyway.

But they weren't atrocious. That's the point I'm getting at. They were playable. I don't mind the X1 getting the worse version of the multiplats AS LONG AS they're not atrocious ports. Otherwise I would be pretty pissed xD

Puppyroach said:
walsufnir said:
Puppyroach said:
It wouldn´t actually surprise me if MS upheld the embargo. The problem MS has right now is that they play in to the notion of X1 being weaker by constantly reminding people of how great their games look. It is a sign of uncertainty tht they should let go off. The X1 can stand on its own, anyone that has seen the games realize that they look just as good as PS4 ones, so let the games do the talking.

Of course on its own it will be a great gaming device with great games, an improved controller, strong 3rd party support and hardware way better than 360.

It's the competition that is making them trouble by now.

I actually think that PS4 is no trouble at all for X1. I think back to when MS released Kinect and every fan of PS3 bashed it to pieces. MS didn´t care and showed people the attraction that is with Kinect. I do believe most reviewers would say that MS has the stronger launch library, along with their HDMI in-solution and Kinect while PS4 has the stronger graphics capabilities. In other words, MS can market the X1 on its own merits, but right now they are catering to a fanbase that won´t even buy the X1 in the first place, so there is were I see their faults.

Do you remember that leaked MS doc from a few years back that showed their plans for what would become Xbone? The first step was conning "core gamers" because according to them, they're the ones who start the party and get your console rolling. In those documents, they basically spelled out everything that they're doing right now. They WANT to fool the core gamer into buying their console at launch by showing core games, and talking about specs etc. That's why they have freaked out about all the PS4>Xbone specs talk because it's screawing their entire business plan. They were suppose to con the hard core player into buying the system, then pull a bait and switch like they did with the 360.

It' not happening, and they don't know what to do.