By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft trying to keep publishers hush hush before launch, MULTIPLATFORM GAMES INFERIOR

what you do is you sit back and wait for an xbox fan to post a thread about how someone on gaf said bf4 runs 900p on ps4, then you think about the hypocrisy found in most fans as you sit, stoic, and slowly facepalm.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
walsufnir said:
Puppyroach said:
It wouldn´t actually surprise me if MS upheld the embargo. The problem MS has right now is that they play in to the notion of X1 being weaker by constantly reminding people of how great their games look. It is a sign of uncertainty tht they should let go off. The X1 can stand on its own, anyone that has seen the games realize that they look just as good as PS4 ones, so let the games do the talking.

Of course on its own it will be a great gaming device with great games, an improved controller, strong 3rd party support and hardware way better than 360.

It's the competition that is making them trouble by now.

I actually think that PS4 is no trouble at all for X1. I think back to when MS released Kinect and every fan of PS3 bashed it to pieces. MS didn´t care and showed people the attraction that is with Kinect. I do believe most reviewers would say that MS has the stronger launch library, along with their HDMI in-solution and Kinect while PS4 has the stronger graphics capabilities. In other words, MS can market the X1 on its own merits, but right now they are catering to a fanbase that won´t even buy the X1 in the first place, so there is were I see their faults.

I think that your comment hits it right on the head.  The only thing that I would add is that the reason that M$ keeps trying to pander to these people is that they just want to make sure Sony doesn't get the whole gaming community to get behind Sony.  That would lead to the casuals to follow, just like what happened with the PS2.

It is near the end of the end....

Tagged for later. I want to revisit this thread next month.

Christ people are so overdramatic about this as if it means anything.

Another 720posts thread incomming

Around the Network
Landguy said:
Puppyroach said:
walsufnir said:
Puppyroach said:
It wouldn´t actually surprise me if MS upheld the embargo. The problem MS has right now is that they play in to the notion of X1 being weaker by constantly reminding people of how great their games look. It is a sign of uncertainty tht they should let go off. The X1 can stand on its own, anyone that has seen the games realize that they look just as good as PS4 ones, so let the games do the talking.

Of course on its own it will be a great gaming device with great games, an improved controller, strong 3rd party support and hardware way better than 360.

It's the competition that is making them trouble by now.

I actually think that PS4 is no trouble at all for X1. I think back to when MS released Kinect and every fan of PS3 bashed it to pieces. MS didn´t care and showed people the attraction that is with Kinect. I do believe most reviewers would say that MS has the stronger launch library, along with their HDMI in-solution and Kinect while PS4 has the stronger graphics capabilities. In other words, MS can market the X1 on its own merits, but right now they are catering to a fanbase that won´t even buy the X1 in the first place, so there is were I see their faults.

I think that your comment hits it right on the head.  The only thing that I would add is that the reason that M$ keeps trying to pander to these people is that they just want to make sure Sony doesn't get the whole gaming community to get behind Sony.  That would lead to the casuals to follow, just like what happened with the PS2.

I agree, but they should also now that the casuals will come later, and now in the beginning it will mostly be the die hard fans that buy consoles. Word of mouth did alot for Kinect (still to this day I meet people that, when they see Kinect, actually want a 360 just for it). They should play it cool :).

This resolution news starting to get real boring now

The purpose of this thread was to feed some egos, wasn't it?

i wonder if the latest preorder charts are gonna show any changes with all this news particularly cod ghost on xb1

Play Me

“@Laughing__Man_: @AnnoyedGamer Go on....Are you saying there is a lot about the X1 that is wrong?”
Nope

It´s not a Xbox One issue.

I don´t want to look desmisive, but what I can understand from Adam Sassler twitter and others there is a real chance the problem is the PS4 video reviews. 

Many jornalists have been leaking throught this week they would review current gen and some next-gen game, the late only reciving PS4 versions for now. They thought that meaned they would recive a PS4 retail unitie and do their reviews in their homes or offices. May be, only the real big sites and magazines are reciving the privilege.

We know now that the PS4 is almost useless without the day one update.

Any way, it could be the same thing for the XOne, we just can´t assume it one, just because Gaffers want it to belive the Xbox One is crap and Microsoft is evil. 

And more of that, it doesn´t look Microsoft is a little beat consurn with visual descrepancy, much less the resolution situation.