By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft trying to keep publishers hush hush before launch, MULTIPLATFORM GAMES INFERIOR

bubblegamer said:
Wright said:

VGChartz: the only place in the world where the word Megaton is totally overrated.

You don't visit other gaming websites, do you? It's everywhere!

No need for visiting other gaming websites! VGCHARTZ'S HOME, BABY!

Around the Network

I don't think it's a problem at all. People seem to think only power and resolution makes a great game or console. In the PS2 era games were still fun on PS2 even if both the Cube and the Xbox were more powerful. Last gen Wii proved that you could still have fun with a system that had technology from previous gen. Now because of some games resolution not being on par with PS4 suddenly every good points the X1 has are irrelevant... lol fanboys are a joke.

People will still like Kinect, they'll still like the controller, they'll still love all the tv, skype, movie, music and all that integration and most of all they'll still like the games.

I think the ones who are killing the videogame industry are fanboys more than anything. Listen to them and technology wouldn't advance, games would only cater to them so families wouldn't play games, there would be no fps, no dancing games, no games for kids, they want better graphics with more powerful consoles but don,t want to pay for these advancements, they want only one company to prevail so no competition to fuel better and new ideas.

kowenicki said:
Looks to me as though the title of this thread couldn't be further from the truth.

Its all fun and games isnt it. lol

You and I don't agree often, but you are correct.

XxGame4lifexX said:
JoeTheBro said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
-comes into thread-
-sees neogaf-
-leaves-

Posts like this really grind my gears.

With that said, maybe the XBONE versions have a later embargo because they release later?

A site that is 99% sony fanboys is not a reliable source. They will do anything just to bash microsoft or their products. They bash anything that isn't Sony. That's why i take them as a grain of salt. 

You are right about NeoGaf having a lot of Sony fans.

"Bash about anything that isn´t Sony" is hyperbolic nonsense!

This is something I honestly don't care about. From what I've seen the X1 games look great for the most part and if they pass the minimum visuals test, which most do (I'm looking at you lococycle!) then I'm just fine with it. On top of that the features and games are exactly what I want. So getting one despite it being less powered than the PS4 is a no brainer for me.

Basically in other words, this is a non-factor for me.

Around the Network
Madword said:
I think there are a couple of things going on..

I think MS have issues with games & Sony are doing a 2 day press review day which is getting Sessler/Gies upset:

I made a post about this whole internet anger thing:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170889&page=1#

I guess Sessler/Gies are upset because the blocked video footage review.

Madword said:

It will still play games without the day 1 patch, thats already been mentioned by Yosp.

But... (I said this in another topic)... it wouldnt surprise me if the PS4 record feature is not currently working (we know they were going to add it into a patch. Add onto the fact that some of these reviewers don't have a devkit/box from Sony... and that Sony is doing a 2 day launch review...

It basically tells me, some of them are getting pissy because they cannot review/release videos before everyone else or in an environment of their choosing. That's how i read it anyway. MS have not sent out any review copies at all as far as i am aware so far (Assassins Creed is being reviewed on PS4 and BF is PC).

So I suspect .Sony and MS are working hard to get ready for launch, and in Sony's case they find it easier to get most reviewers in one location, but some "Journo's" don't like it and dont understand why Sony are doing it (while they understand that MS is holding back because they launch later and are having issues).

The issue is not about the share feature for PS4... it is about they can't get direct footage, edit to add commentaries and release like a review.

Sony have enable DHCP in reviewers machines... this DHCP will be removed just after launch... in the past reviwers received a machine with a option do disable DHCP but with PS4 not.

So they can't do high quality video reviews.

The videos uploaded by Share even user will can do that... so they can do too.

yo_john117 said:
This is something I honestly don't care about. From what I've seen the X1 games look great for the most part and if they pass the minimum visuals test, which most do (I'm looking at you lococycle!) then I'm just fine with it. On top of that the features and games are exactly what I want. So getting one despite it being less powered than the PS4 is a no brainer for me.

you dont care that x1 has inferior multiplats?

9087 said:
yo_john117 said:

you dont care that x1 has inferior multiplats?

Did you care when Ps3 had the inferior multiplats? You shouldn't have, really,

Wright said:

Did you care when Ps3 had the inferior multiplats? You shouldn't have, really,

The gap is far way bigger this time and PS3 was the most powerful console... you can see that now that all the MP games release are on pair or better on PS3.