By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft trying to keep publishers hush hush before launch, MULTIPLATFORM GAMES INFERIOR

9087 said:
yo_john117 said:
This is something I honestly don't care about. From what I've seen the X1 games look great for the most part and if they pass the minimum visuals test, which most do (I'm looking at you lococycle!) then I'm just fine with it. On top of that the features and games are exactly what I want. So getting one despite it being less powered than the PS4 is a no brainer for me.

Basically in other words, this is a non-factor for me.

you dont care that x1 has inferior multiplats?

Why would I? I'm not going to not get the console I want just because of a resolution difference in some games. That would be just ridiculous at best. 

That would be like buying a car that I don't want as much just because the sound system was about 50% better than the car that I actually wanted. It's just one small part of the whole package that should be taken into consideration. 

At the end of the day the X1 has the games I want, it has the features I want, and it's the console that my friends will be getting. A couple 100 penis comparison points isn't going to change the fact that the X1 is better suited to what I want.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

yes i cared, skyrim shit port for example , bayonetta and LOTS of others. People who have both consoles buy the best version no?

You can play Bayonetta as well as the 360 version now. As for Skyrim, well...you go insult Bethesda (It's their fault after all! It didn't have nothing to do with hardware.).

And no, people who have both consoles don't buy the best version. Granted, what if you have both consoles but all your friends play...huh...Mass Effect 3 on the Ps3? (Which I think was the worst version) Wouldn't you buy that game despite being the worst one? Huh?

WOULDN'T YOU?!

Wright said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Wright said:

You caught me replying that to Etho xD

But bayonetta, at least, could be fixed through patchs. The Orange Box, for example, was never fixed. Ps3 owners had a buggy unplayable mess from beginning to end. The only good thing about it was the fact that they later had the best version of Portal 2.

Xbox 360 had the shitty version of FF 13 and 13-2 but not that many fans like those games anyway.

But they weren't atrocious. That's the point I'm getting at. They were playable. I don't mind the X1 getting the worse version of the multiplats AS LONG AS they're not atrocious ports. Otherwise I would be pretty pissed xD

And we shouldn't have a problem with that since most of the crappy PS3 ports like Bayonetta were due to the PS3 being harder to develope for.

In this case both the X1 and PS4 are easy to develope for so I don't forsee anything like that happening.

Does it really matter at this point? At this point mostly everyone's mind is already made up on which system is going to get. This is not going to change someones mind that has a Xbox one preordered or planning to get one soon. I think a year from now the graphics will be much closer, to the point you wont be able to see a difference just like how it was this gen.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

FatedReality said:
Does it really matter at this point? At this point mostly everyone's mind is already made up on which system is going to get. This is not going to change someones mind that has a Xbox one preordered or planning to get one soon. I think a year from now the graphics will be much closer, to the point you wont be able to see a difference just like how it was this gen.

If anything, I think the gap will get bigger. 

Around the Network
9087 said:
FatedReality said:

Its clear if any console is going to have the best graphics this generation its defiantly going to be the PS4 but I think the fact that some games are 720p or 900p on the One and 1080p on the PS4 is because MS was rushing there conosle to get out in time which made the developers rush to get there games finished in time for the Xbox One. I think sony dealt with this much better planning there release well in avanced giving the developers working on games for the console have plenty of time to make sure the games can be the best they can be. Both system have enough power in them to support 1080p graphics I just think MS didnt give the developers enough time. 

Thats what I think about all this.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

PS4 has better GPU, CPU, Shaders, and RAM.

There is a reason COD will be 1080p on PS4 and only 720p on Xbox One..... Developers are extremely smart people. If it were easy to make improve COD on X1 they wouldve done it already.

It makes no sense for CoD to be 720p on the One and 1080p on the PS4. If anything I'd expect at most a 900p vs 1080p scenario with the games running at the same graphical settings, the gap between the two consoles isn't nowhere near big enough for that. If that's true, then we might as well disregard any specs released for the One so far and just put it along with the Wii U in the graphics department.

FatedReality said:
9087 said:
FatedReality said:

Its clear if any console is going to have the best graphics this generation its defiantly going to be the PS4 but I think the fact that some games are 720p or 900p on the One and 1080p on the PS4 is because MS was rushing there conosle to get out in time which made the developers rush to get there games finished in time for the Xbox One. I think sony dealt with this much better planning there release well in avanced giving the developers working on games for the console have plenty of time to make sure the games can be the best they can be. Both system have enough power in them to support 1080p graphics I just think MS didnt give the developers enough time. 

Thats what I think about all this.

Other than the ram methodology, the architectures are extremely similar, would you mind applying this reasoning to third party games in any meaningful way?, its not like developers were handed some unknown hardware months after they had ps4 devkits, theyve had roughly the same amount of time with both systems to build their games, and developers not even knowing the alloted ram on ps4 until it was publicly announced as 8gb, clearly then something more direct is the cause of this stark difference between quality, and let me be blunt in saying it is nothing to do with rushing, or not being used to the architecture.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Wright said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

yes i cared, skyrim shit port for example , bayonetta and LOTS of others. People who have both consoles buy the best version no?

You can play Bayonetta as well as the 360 version now. As for Skyrim, well...you go insult Bethesda (It's their fault after all! It didn't have nothing to do with hardware.).

And no, people who have both consoles don't buy the best version. Granted, what if you have both consoles but all your friends play...huh...Mass Effect 3 on the Ps3? (Which I think was the worst version) Wouldn't you buy that game despite being the worst one? Huh?

WOULDN'T YOU?!

To play the offline mode without fps drops ofcourse i would buy the best version of mass effect 3. You choose the worst game to do make that question.

Inferior ports =/= Atrocious ports, that's the point I'm getting at Of course if the port is atrocious, you'd choose the best version no matter what.