By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft trying to keep publishers hush hush before launch, MULTIPLATFORM GAMES INFERIOR

Dark_Feanor said:

“@Laughing__Man_: @AnnoyedGamer Go on....Are you saying there is a lot about the X1 that is wrong?”
Nope

It´s not a Xbox One issue.

I don´t want to look desmisive, but what I can understand from Adam Sassler twitter and others there is a real chance the problem is the PS4 video reviews. 

Many jornalists have been leaking throught this week they would review current gen and some next-gen game, the late only reciving PS4 versions for now. They thought that meaned they would recive a PS4 retail unitie and do their reviews in their homes or offices. May be, only the real big sites and magazines are reciving the privilege.

We know now that the PS4 is almost useless without the day one update.

Any way, it could be the same thing for the XOne, we just can´t assume it one, just because Gaffers want it to belive the Xbox One is crap and Microsoft is evil. 

And more of that, it doesn´t look Microsoft is a little beat consurn with visual descrepancy, much less the resolution situation.

It will still play games without the day 1 patch, thats already been mentioned by Yosp.

But... (I said this in another topic)... it wouldnt surprise me if the PS4 record feature is not currently working (we know they were going to add it into a patch. Add onto the fact that some of these reviewers don't have a devkit/box from Sony... and that Sony is doing a 2 day launch review...

It basically tells me, some of them are getting pissy because they cannot review/release videos before everyone else or in an environment of their choosing. That's how i read it anyway. MS have not sent out any review copies at all as far as i am aware so far (Assassins Creed is being reviewed on PS4 and BF is PC).

So I suspect .Sony and MS are working hard to get ready for launch, and in Sony's case they find it easier to get most reviewers in one location, but some "Journo's" don't like it and dont understand why Sony are doing it (while they understand that MS is holding back because they launch later and are having issues).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

MS made some huge mistakes this generation already and they are paying for it.

Word of mouth > Everything

KylieDog said:
fighter said:
Azerth said:
So can someone explain how ms is the only one to blame for outting the embargos on games they have no control over? I got lost on the part

Very true

Third-party games are not embargoed by the console manufacturer but by the publisher.

Mods or OP sould modify thread title

MS has exclusive promotion deals with the games, so MS do have say.  Same way Sony do for AC4.

Nope.

Console manufacturers may have a say, as the studios involved, or the different partners from advertisers to suppliers, but the decision is solely that of the publisher. And Activision-Blizzard is big enough to take them.

VGChartz: the only place in the world where the word Megaton is totally overrated.

Wright said:

VGChartz: the only place in the world where the word Megaton is totally overrated.

Nope.

GAF has been going crazy over this stuff as well, and that is the biggest gaming forum. 

Around the Network
9087 said:
Wright said:

Nope.

GAF has been going crazy over this stuff as well, and that is the biggest gaming forum. 

GAF is overrated as well.

EDIT: except for a few, VGCharters don't mind too much about these issues. People will be happy with their console of choice. That's why VGChartz > NeoGaf, and we should stop posting every single thing that comes out of GAF. We're better than them.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Conegamer said:
I...I dunno. Not gonna call this a Megaton I'm afraid, especially if its not always the case.

Gonna hold out for confirmation from people like DF though.

Agreed :/ I think it falls more into the "disappointing" area of news, rather than "HOLY F*CK I'M SHITTING MEGATONS" area we seem to put 90% of topics these days.

Not a megaton, not even half a megaton. So the reviews come a week late. Big whoop. If it turns out that there is actually something wrong with the One or the games, then make a thread.

Wright said:

You don't visit other gaming websites, do you? It's everywhere!