By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS looks to Gaming and Cloud (no not THAT Cloud VGC) plus $81bn IN CASH to weather PC storm

all that money and they still finish third this gen :( , maybe next gen will be better :D

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
chapset said:
all that money and they still finish third this gen :( , maybe next gen will be better :D

Good point.  I guess they have all that money because they dont just throw money away to buy market share in some vane attempt to win some phoney war.

It works... some other companies should try it and maybe they too would have more robust companies.

This. 

1 set of fans are backing a horse that could drop any minute.

The other will support guarenteed. 2 very different business models. 1 works 1 gets by.

kowenicki said:
chapset said:

Good point.  I guess they have all that money because they dont just throw money away to buy market share in some vane attempt to win some phoney war.

It works... some other companies should try it and maybe they too would have more robust companies.

yes that phoney war we spend so much time arguing about lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

But I thought Windows was dead and Microsoft was doomed and they killed Nokia!!

kowenicki said:
chapset said:

LOL. Could not imagine a better response to what he said.

Anyway, good for MS. Now use some of that cash and price the Xbone at $400 :)

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
kowenicki said:
chapset said:

This.

The other will support guarenteed. 2 very different business models. 1 works 1 gets by.

So Playstation fans should stop supporting Sony and the games they make, even though they like them more, just because Sonys financials aren't as good as Microsofts, or what is the message you are trying to convey with that post?

morenoingrato said:
But I thought Windows was dead and Microsoft was doomed and they killed Nokia!!

Windows isn't doing very well compared to the past but Microsoft simply grew in other areas

yeah MS is a busines... awesome don't you think?

34 years playing games.

DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:
kowenicki said:
chapset said:

This.

So Playstation fans should stop supporting Sony and the games they make, even though they like them more, just because Sonys financials aren't as good as Microsofts, or what is the message you are trying to convey with that post?

No they shouldnt. But Sony arent being practical in all areas of their profit margins. Maybe they should have priced PS4 with The One. It seems like Sony wouldnt mind losing money to gain marketshare. Thing is they arent to great financially right now. They need to make a good profit.

chapset said:

MS would still be ahead if they cut the price as much as Sony to be fair. Since Xbox 360's last price cut the PS3 has had 3 or 4 price cuts I think?

OT: Looks like great news for Microsoft.