By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LoZ A Link Between Worlds Lifetime Predictions! How Well Will It Sell?

HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:
DanneSandin said:
HikenNoAce said:
0.7M in the west.

You do so not get Nintendo or their games or their fans. I don't understand why you continue to comment on Nintendo stuff when you obviously don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Are you one of those posters who think that Pokemon will outsell GTAV?

that had nothing to do with wat he said and he is not. You cant think all nintendo fans said that because one guy made a thread about it and 1 maybe 2 others agreed with him lol. Pokemon XY is doing great. Going to be the highest Selling Handheld Game in the 8th Generation

Not one or two. 1 out of 3 people who voted in that thread agreed. As for Pokemon being the highest selling handheld game of this generation, are you saying that sales for NSMB, Brain Age, Nintendogs and Mario Kart are going to be way down?

Yes Brain Age, Nintendogs will be down. Brain Age Failed badly, Nintendogs dropped but 4mil+ lifetime is still $$$. MK7 will do over 14mil lifetime NSMB will do over 12mil lifetime Pokemon XY will do over 15mi lifetime at least so yes XY = Best Handheld In 8th Generation. Vita will be lucky to even have a single 5million seller

Over 15M? Not oveer 17M for Pokemon?

Me personally i hope/predict 18mil+, i just said 15mil at least

Around the Network

I'm going to say 4.4 million...

Have a nice day...

HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:
0.7M in the west.

thats wayyyyy too low. LoZ biggest market is US by far. Its on 3ds it'll probably sell over a mil just this year alone in US.

Ok, 1.5M across Europe and the US then.

It's almost like you're trying to say the game will be among the lowest selling Zelda games.  Actually, that IS what you're saying. 
All things considered, I can tell that you will be far off the mark.

HikenNoAce said:
DanneSandin said:
HikenNoAce said:
0.7M in the west.

You do so not get Nintendo or their games or their fans. I don't understand why you continue to comment on Nintendo stuff when you obviously don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Are you one of those posters who think that Pokemon will outsell GTAV?

What does that have anything at all to do with this?! No, I dont believe that.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

HikenNoAce said:
0.7M in the west.

Yes.

On Day 1.

Around the Network

This one's hard to predict, because I think it can go in all directions.

Will it blow up and have the 'New Super Mario Bros.-effect' because of the game's retro style, or will it suffer the 'second Zelda curse' selling below Ocarina of Time 3D merely because it's the second game on the system?

History shows that's the likely course of action, because that's what always happened. Whether it be home-consoles or handhelds, the second Zelda game always sells less than the first.
Usually, that first game is an original game though so that should give A Link Between Worlds an edge. However, the existence of the GBA A Link to the Past remake which came before Minish Cap and outsold it puts a damper on this rule. Okay, A Link to the Past actually did came with an original game; Four Swords, but I highly doubt that was the reason for it selling. And okay, Minish Cap is a mediocre game not actually made by the Zelda team.

Then there's case of Phantom Hourglass. The DS games follow all the rules; the first sold more than the second. Phantom Hourglass sold 5m copies and is thus the best selling portable Zelda game. The game however isn't very liked among the Zelda community and in the entire gaming world. Something A Link Between Worlds does seem to be. The game has a good amount of hype going on and userbase is largely irrelevant when it comes to Zelda games.

I think the hype and the retro-feel will negate the 'second Zelda curse' somewhat, but the game's sales won't blow up either because of it. I don't think it will beat Phantom Hourglass, but will break the rules and sell more than Ocarina's remake.

My prediction is 4.6m

Keep them coming! Dont kno why people say under 4mil!? This game going to be huge

This and X/Y has convinced me to pick up a 3DS XL. I think it will sell between 4-5 million units lifetime. Let's say 4.6 million.

Predictions! By the end of 2014... PS4: 15 million +, Wii U: 12 million, XOne: 9.5 million!