By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LoZ A Link Between Worlds Lifetime Predictions! How Well Will It Sell?

4 million lifetime...

But it'll deserve much more, as always.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

ok.... considering that 3DS is a little bit less popular than DS and the 2 Zelda's games on Ds did 5 and 3,5 mil... maybe 4.2 mil for A Link Between Worlds

Switch!!!

Lifetime? No less than 6 million.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

zorg1000 said:
tbone51 said:
zorg1000 said:
I think it will sell about 4 million, not sure why u guys think it will be the best selling portable Zelda

OoT 3D did pretty well at over 3.15mil sales and it'll continue intill 3ds lifetime ends (maybe around 3.6mil-4.0mil). I think this game will surpass a remake (even if its OoT)

Well Links Awakening DX sold more than Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Link to the Past on GBA outsold Minish Cap. I think This game will outsell Ocarina of Time 3D but u cant rule out Zelda remakes outselling new titles.

No, it did not. Also, A Link to the Past also came with Four Swords. :P

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Classic Zelda that people like will sell at least 6 to 8 million, always has always will. With nostalgia heavily powering this game I think it could close to NSBDS numbers. It will sell 17-25 million.

Around the Network
F0X said:
zorg1000 said:
tbone51 said:
zorg1000 said:
I think it will sell about 4 million, not sure why u guys think it will be the best selling portable Zelda

OoT 3D did pretty well at over 3.15mil sales and it'll continue intill 3ds lifetime ends (maybe around 3.6mil-4.0mil). I think this game will surpass a remake (even if its OoT)

Well Links Awakening DX sold more than Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Link to the Past on GBA outsold Minish Cap. I think This game will outsell Ocarina of Time 3D but u cant rule out Zelda remakes outselling new titles.

According to this site it did, and I have a hard time believing four swords was a big factor in sales

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Vidavis said:
Classic Zelda that people like will sell at least 6 to 8 million, always has always will. With nostalgia heavily powering this game I think it could close to NSBDS numbers. It will sell 17-25 million.

Why would nostalgia cause a game to sell 3x as much as the best selling title in the franchise?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
F0X said:
zorg1000 said:
tbone51 said:
zorg1000 said:

According to this site it did, and I have a hard time believing four swords was a big factor in sales

That's because this site made a rather embarassing error.

15 The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages / Seasons GB 2001 Adventure Nintendo 0.92 0.53 0.41 0.06 1.92
16 The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons GB 2001 Adventure Nintendo 0.87 0.52 0.41 0.06 1.86

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Zelda always sell 3-6 million. I think it might do 3m first month, about 5 lifetime.

3.8M-4.5M, the series started to lose sales. I would like it to sell more tho, one of the greatest games of all time for me.