By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NINTENDO vs SONY! 3 Reasons Why Nintendo Tops Sony? 3 Reasons Why Sony Tops Nintendo?

BasilZero said:
F0X said:

I think he's actually one of those strange Nintendo/Sony cross-breeds I keep hearing about. Do you happen to know any others, BasilZero?

I'd like to know why nobody has called me out on my earlier comments concerning Sony in the PS2 days. Perhaps people agree with me in that Sony and the majority of its developers were much more respectable back then.

:o Not sure. Sounds alienish *_*

Also no idea about the Sony first parties - not that familiar with them. Only played God of War 1/2 and WipeOut Pure (oh and SotC on PS3) so cant make a judgment on that.

Also havent played a Gran Turismo game except for 1 at a demo at a store in the early PS1 days.

I thought GT1 was pretty sweet considering my well-documented dislike for the PS1/N64-era (barring a handfull of excellent games that somehow manage to control well and look acceptable, like Symphony of the Night or Paper Mario).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Nintendo > Sony
Better IP's
Innovation (joystick, rumble, Mii's wireless controller, Mario Kart, Smash series all been copied by Sony)
handhelds.

Sony > Nintendo
Hardware
Trophy systems
Blue Ray player.

tbone51 said:

GC had the best controller hands down

There's a very good reason why nobody made a controller like that again - not even Nintendo.

HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:

There's a very good reason why nobody made a controller like that again - not even Nintendo.

yeaaaahhhhh? Cuz Wii had motion controls lol, wiiU has a tablet, good try though

The general consensus in the gaming space is the GCN controller is one of the best controllers ever made.
only real issue is the fact the d pad is too small

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:

yeaaaahhhhh? Cuz Wii had motion controls lol, wiiU has a tablet, good try though

Both of which had a Classic Pro controller...

the gamecube controller was awesome in F zero, man i cant believe how long i played f zero...

F0X said:

I thought GT1 was pretty sweet considering my well-documented dislike for the PS1/N64-era (barring a handfull of excellent games that somehow manage to control well and look acceptable, like Symphony of the Night or Paper Mario).

What do you mean by "control well."  If a g ame has good gameplay but the control is a little stiff, do you consider it good or ignore how good the gameplay might be because the stiff control?

I'd say you should check out Nightmare Creatures.  It's on PSX, PC, and N64, character models don't look too great, but they get the job done.  Environments look really good.  Stiff controls that play like a combo based action adventure game.  I think the gamaeplay is good.  Have played through the PSX and N64 versions each more than a dozen times. 

kupomogli said:
F0X said:

What do you mean by "control well."  If a g ame has good gameplay but the control is a little stiff, do you consider it good or ignore how good the gameplay might be because the stiff control?

I'd say you should check out Nightmare Creatures.  It's on PSX, PC, and N64, character models don't look too great, but they get the job done.  Environments look really good.  Stiff controls that play like a combo based action adventure game.  I think the gamaeplay is good.  Have played through the PSX and N64 versions each more than a dozen times. 

I've come to expect stiff controls from horror games, so maybe I wouldn't hate Nightmare Creatures for that reason.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:

Both of which had a Classic Pro controller...

In Nintendo's defense, they do significantly change up their controller every single gen.  The only company that has consistently offered the same controller (albeit with a few tweaks) is Sony.  That's probably the reason why they haven't re-released a Gamecube controller.  And the Classic/Pro controllers are designed to function flawlessly with Nes/Super Nes/N64/Wii/Wii U games.  Anybody that had a Gamecube controller and tried to play SNES games knows that the GC controller wasn't a good fit for those games.  It was good for games designed specifically for Gamecube hardware.  Nintendo's games are usually built around the hardware.  They've said this themselves.  They make the perfect controller for the games they have in mind. 

For Gamecube games, the Gamecube controller rocked.