By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
iclim4 said:

konnichiwa said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I dunno I always saw Scientology as a very minor thing in society, why does anyone bother with them anyway -_-; I just don't get it lol. Then again I'm agnostic, so my say in the situation is pretty much moot But why attack Scientology and not Christianity per say?

Scientology framed journalist Paulette Cooper for sending bomb threats after she wrote The Scandal of Scientology.

Didn't Anonymous mysteriously send bomb threats too? they should play a different card now and then..

Yes, but they didn't frame other people, thats just low.

@Moon. Anon pulls the strings in Anonymous. Of course nobody knows who organized this raid and it could easily have been a CoS follower (though I doubt they would want this to happen), the reason being that they are all Anonymous.

Around the Network
Moongoddess256 said:
Call me the ultimate conspiracy theorist, but I have my doubts about anonymous.

Does anyone know who is pulling the strings in Anonymous? Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps this movement might have been seeded by the church of Scientology itself to create something like a holy war to reinforce the beliefs of its followers?

It is well known that war is a good way to increase nationalism within a country. A war against a religion likewise would be a good way to strengthen the convictions of its followers.

I think this is giving scientology more attention than it deserves, thus makes me suspicious.

So can anyone who knows the background of Anonymous somehow provide an argument that can reassure me that this is not the case?

No, Anonymous has been around for a long time. There aren't any leaders. In fact, it's not really an actual group even. It's just random people from different anonymous (hence the name) message boards across the internet. When Scientology tried to censor the Tom Cruise video from the internet, it was the tipping point in setting them off. 

So... anonymous represents the internet? interesting.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Moongoddess256 said:
Call me the ultimate conspiracy theorist, but I have my doubts about anonymous.

Does anyone know who is pulling the strings in Anonymous? Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps this movement might have been seeded by the church of Scientology itself to create something like a holy war to reinforce the beliefs of its followers?

It is well known that war is a good way to increase nationalism within a country. A war against a religion likewise would be a good way to strengthen the convictions of its followers.

I think this is giving scientology more attention than it deserves, thus makes me suspicious.

So can anyone who knows the background of Anonymous somehow provide an argument that can reassure me that this is not the case?

Anonymous is an interesting group, yes i looked things up a bit farther, they did do something for humor but generally they have attacked corporate evils. They have attacked Mircosoft,ISPs that charge customers by the amount of data transfered, they have also attacked FBI databases and released documents showing that the government is doing some illegal things. So even with some minor "lol" hacks and threats generally I think the "lol" threats are more tests to the general body of america to test our abilities to think out situations. Anonymous said it is made up of people that walk different paths like farmers, cops, firefighters, hackers, security analysts, etc. whochis quite believable especially now but we are not the cult of scientology.

Anonymous is not a group to take lightly but as everyone who protested are now apart of anonymous now technically. We have a cause to fight against evil.

We are Anonymous, We are Legion,  We will not Forgive, We do not Forget, Expect us [to win].

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

You have Anon completely wrong SSJ. Anon are in general the people who post on a group of imageboards that allow (and almost solely use) anonymous posting. Thus they are a collection of people that use the net, generally some of the more extreme people (given the stuff that turns up in your average /b/). They are therefore not an organization or even a group, merely a random bunch of internet users who occasionally have similar ideas and visit similar boards. There is no 'being a part' of anonymous as the entire idea of anonymous is that every single person is nobody. Just visit 4chan.org and go to /b/ for a while to understand what I mean.

Anyway some Anon enjoy going on 'raids' against things such as Habbo Hotel and anything else that for some reason or another pisses them off and Scientology just happened to do that by threatening legal action against youtube to get the video removed, Anon likes to think that the web belongs to Anon and thus the attack on scientology began.

The attack on MS, those ISPs and stuff would all have begun with a pissed of Anon setting up a raid and all the other anon going along for the lulz.

I think this picture sums up Anon pretty well.

Here -

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNO6G4ApJQY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNO6G4ApJQY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RFjU8bZR19A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RFjU8bZR19A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCbKv9yiLiQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCbKv9yiLiQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Here is a little "Inlook" to what they are and how they address things.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

PDF, Anon is not trying to dismantle the belief of Scientology, they are dismantling the "Church of Scientology". The organisation taking thousands from people that choose to follow the so called religion, dodging the law with their wall of lawyers, stalking naysayers, and dismantling families.

You can tell by the slogan they have adopted "knowledge is free". The Church's exploitation of people is wrong, and that is simple. If people choose not to convert to Scientology after finding out about Lisa McPhearson or what have you, then that's their choice.

This is a nice comparison video of the Church by the WBM:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2WtHNANZMvY

PDF said:
It was wrong simple as that.

I do not agree with Scientology but they have their right to believe what ever they want. At the Same time Anon has the right to protest against scientology just as much as scientology has the right to exist.

However Anon took it to far by trying to dismantle scientology. That is saying those individuals dont have a right to their own opinion. I would even allow Scientoloy into politics if there is enough majority that wants it in. They deserve to be represented to as does any person. Doesnt matter if your Black White, femal, male , Christian, Atheist, or scientoligist. There is a place in government for all that as long as one of them does not tell the others they can not be in it.

He's right they aren't attacking the religion just the organization that the religion is part of. They are okay with Freezoners who are scientologists who offer the SAME stuff for free. In fact it is even recommended to go and buy them a booth and town fairs etc if scientologists will be there to offer people a chance to actually get the information. It's about exposing a money grubbing litigious evil organization that hides behind the religion it runs. Edit: Maybe anonymous does stuff for "lulz" and there is not actual organization but the hacking was as the group claims "for attention" now that they have attention they're attacking it in a legal manner. Protests, fliers etc there's absolutely nothing evil about that and I dare say anybody who says they are evil for protesting something needs a good look at basic human rights and into the groups past. go to youfoundthecard.com read on Lisa McPhearson, Heribert Pfaff etc.(whyaretheydead.net) read about the Fair Game Doctrine... read about L.R. Hubbard and his beliefs on how scientology should be carried out, there's some heinous stuff. Edit 2: As far as people taking up the title of Anonymous on TV that is a good thing Anonymous needs small figureheads around the world who are good speakers to make the public aware. At the same time hiding ones identity is a good way to keep the focus between Anonymous & the "church" of Scientology as Scientology would quickly dig up dirt on anybody who speaks out against it and sue the hell out of them as they have many times in the past. The masks and the numbers are important.

there has been some interesting new statements on youtube today. Just search for them. There are to many to list.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453