By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Does anybody here know about the movement trying to take away the Church of Scientologys' tax exempt status as well as get them to disclose about their practices etc through protest etc?

Just yesterday they staged small scale protest near scientology locations wearing mask or glasses/scarves where masks are illegal. Personally I applaude them Scientology attacks anybody via litigation and seems to enjoy stifling free speech how does everybody else feel about this? 

Around the Network

The protest yesterday was awesome!

Anonymous was always referred as a small group of hackers yesterday their were protests through 250 cities..

Wouldn't call that a small group =p.

In my opinion they are doing a good thing...

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

WE DO NOT FORGET.

Expect us.

According to what I was reading the hacking was just to raise awareness of their presence. It seems like they're going about this the right way they're making fliers and such trying to expose this "church" for what it is.

They're not against the religion just against the organization that operates the religion it seems. Personally I'm supporting them I've already written my congressmen about looking into their tax exempt status and gotten a few others to do so.

I have heard that on 15/03 Anonymous will do again something against Scientology another protest?

We will see.

They plan other protests to be held every month or so. They also have individuals planning completely isolated things. Like putting out videos, business cards in public places with enticing things like "youfoundthecard.com" etc

I'm excited I fully support this cause and am doing what I can to help while still being legally clear lol

Edit: I've also heard rumors that they aquired several of the lower level Scientology books/programs and are going to burn them to give out to people going into scientology buildings offering the same help for free. 

Around the Network

I was actually just about to make a thread asking if anything was done yesterday or if nothing really happened.

I hadn't really heard anything in news about it so I just assumed that nothing happened or they just did a protest. No offense, the protest was cool and all and neat that they showed their numbers, but it really didn't do much and definitely doesn't seem like they should have been wary of the 10th of February.

souixan said:
They plan other protests to be held every month or so. They also have individuals planning completely isolated things. Like putting out videos, business cards in public places with enticing things like "youfoundthecard.com" etc

I'm excited I fully support this cause and am doing what I can to help while still being legally clear lol

Euhm you can stay legally but I would not say these things on forums =p  You never know Scientology sue you..

Normally anonymous made a video about scientology and had put a lot of information of the cult on youtube.

Like accusing Scientology of murders with proof..

I dunno I always saw Scientology as a very minor thing in society, why does anyone bother with them anyway -_-; I just don't get it lol. Then again I'm agnostic, so my say in the situation is pretty much moot But why attack Scientology and not Christianity per say?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

You have to remember that Anon isn't doing this for the good of mankind, they are doing it for the lulz.

It just so happens that this time they are targeting a group which everybody seems to hate, I wouldn't be surprised if it had been the Catholic church instead.

That said, I actually do think they are doing something that may actually be good for the world as well as funny. Its a bonus.

Rath said:
You have to remember that Anon isn't doing this for the good of mankind, they are doing it for the lulz.

It just so happens that this time they are targeting a group which everybody seems to hate, I wouldn't be surprised if it had been the Catholic church instead.

That said, I actually do think they are doing something that may actually be good for the world as well as funny. Its a bonus.

To me the reason is unimportant the benefit is the important part.

As far as Scientology sueing me they'd have to prove I slandered them or violated their copyrites, I've done neither. Nore have I persecuted their religion in any way.

Twesterm: Look on youtube for Anonymous you'll find videos from the protests allover.