By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 42 ( Oct. 14- Oct. 20 )

trestres said:
WiiU doing abysmal. Not even the GC performed this terribly during its first year if I'm not mistaken. Anyone has a comparison?

Gonna be a tough year for Nintendo, Wii U has only Mario left to rebound and preorders aren't good either. If Mario doesn't have the effect Nintendo is expecting...

Really? With 3DS killing it? Might be harsh for the Wii U, but i think Nintendo is in a good position right now

Around the Network

Rayman Legends releases and nobody notices/cares.

Take that Ubisoft for the delay!

interesting how people ignore the bundles that are coming for wii u oct 31.

Kresnik said:

That's not great for Vita. Shame too, had been riding high on amazon.jp for quite a while now.

Massive drops from Danganronpa; Tales & Fairy Fencer too. Although expected from the latter two, since they're normally front-loaded (Tales won't make great numbers).

However, crazy sales from MonHun this week. Restocked? It's having awesome legs. Really nice second week from GTA 5 too.

Rubbish opening from Saint Seiya. Pretty expected from Beyond, for a western game without too much hype. And decent from Run for Money - I wonder if it'll have the same legs as the last game.

P.S. Whoa, just noticed that Wii-U passed that psychological barrier of 3k. No Rayman Legends this week either. Bloody hell.

lol, i expecte vita to be 40-50k going by amazon but i didn't want to say it here (thank god). All last week it was in the top 40 sometimes top 20 (all vita colors)! I didn't expect a 35k+ drop though! maybe it can stay like this intill GE2 comes and Vita TV? We'll see! WiiU might do a huge turn around soon! SM3DW is sparking the World, that new trsiler in japan and Wii Party U o.O

good luck to both !

Zero999 said:

"We must laugh at wiiu as much as possible before Sales Rise!" What you expect, Im glad Ninty is trying to go all out this Winter, we'll see some good news soon! Let 3DS still take the top spot, WiiU will get its 2nd place in the charts soon !!!!

Around the Network
trestres said:
WiiU doing abysmal. Not even the GC performed this terribly during its first year if I'm not mistaken. Anyone has a comparison?

Gonna be a tough year for Nintendo, Wii U has only Mario left to rebound and preorders aren't good either. If Mario doesn't have the effect Nintendo is expecting...

no japan only numbers but it's at least 2.5m behind gamecube right now but should be about the same at the end of the FY being GC only shipped 2.5m Nov -March

pezus said:
Vita 8:1 wiiU

3DS 6:1 Vita  :-/

Zero999 said:

no, what will be interesting is when consumers ignore the bunles when they drop on the 31st =P

lol jks, it just had to be said

Hopefully it will do well, would hate to see the WiiU fail.

trestres said:

In the Gamecube's 46th week it sold 14,258.  To be fair, this was the week after Sunshine.  The week before it was 8,242.  In overall sales the gamecube was ahead 34% or 373k units.

Zero999 said:

Out of curiosity, what kind of boost are you expecting?