By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 42 ( Oct. 14- Oct. 20 )

ryuzaki57 said:
kowenicki said:
So... as said last week, pent up demand is being met and Vita sales will fall back. The only question is what the new floor level will be? If it still below 20k then I don't know what else they an do.

Bear in mind that similarly to the new model, people might be waiting for GE2 bundles, and after that for FFX bundles. The real test begins in 2014.

People are waiting for the new bundles but it could be more of the PS Vita TV imo. You cant say the real test starts in 2014, what about all last year and this year? Warm Ups :P

Next year for vita does look better though (in japan). 

Around the Network

Poor Wii U. But yeah, let's delay the games as much as possible and drop support for our successful platform. Nothing bad can happen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I worry about the state of the Japanese industry.

The only HW doing (very) well is 3DS, and even that is lagging behind the DS at the same point in time.

Even if Vita sees a renaissance with GE2, Vita TV and the 3rd party support, it will be lucky to do half as well as PSP.

WiiU... it doesn't even have the Japanese 3rd party support, I don't know if it'll sell much more than 3m.

PS4, I hope for the best. The most optimistic scenario I can see, with the lower price and no competition (sorry WiiU), is it doing somewhat better than PS3. But I wouldn't be surprised if it still does worse tbh.

Overall, very worrying for Japan.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Let me ask: this new wiu bundle will have some type of price cut in it? How much(%)? Thanks.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Wii U and Vita are both doing terrible, there's no getting away from it.

I find it interesting people comparing Wii U to GCN, back in 2002 consoles were still a big deal in Japan. They've since fallen off quite a bit so I'm not to suprised at this.

On the flip side I don't see SM3DW helping much. 3D Mario isn't a big deal in Japan. Sure it'll help but it won't save it.

For a handheld centric market the Vita is doing awful. Yeah it's doing better than the Wii U but it's meant to be. Just look at PSP vs Wii.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Poor Wii U. But yeah, let's delay the games as much as possible and drop support for our successful platform. Nothing bad can happen.

This. I still don't get how they managed to release the Wii U with such a scarce lineup for its first year. Even delaying DK is mindboggling especially since it's more suitable for a holiday title.

kopstudent89 said:
Pavolink said:

This. I still don't get how they managed to release the Wii U with such a scarce lineup for its first year. Even delaying DK is mindboggling especially since it's more suitable for a holiday title.

I agree that a Dec. release for DK would have benefitted its own sales and also pushed some hardware, but we have also to keep in mind that its direct competitors won´t release until next year.

DerNebel said:
I wonder why media create reader reviews are so low for Pokemon

Sounds like the number of Reviews to me.

WiiU hovering at 3402

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
DerNebel said:
I wonder why media create reader reviews are so low for Pokemon

Sounds like the number of Reviews to me.

WiiU hovering at 3402

Nope. That's the review average. People having problems that Baldr mentioned.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Oh the glitches?