By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSMBU + NSLU replace Nintendo Land in the Deluxe bundle

Smart move by Nintendo?

Oh yea. Mario & Luigi Bros Time 198 88.79%

Nope. Prefer the old bundle 11 4.93%

Just not interested buddy 14 6.28%

Total:223

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 23, 2013 – Nintendo is launching a new Wii U Deluxe Set that puts the focus on value, and highlights the two biggest names in video games: Mario and his brother, Luigi. Available in stores on Nov. 1, the Wii U Deluxe model will come with two games –New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U – all on one disc. The new configuration will sell at the low suggested retail price of $299.99, and replaces the existing Wii U Deluxe Set, which included Nintendo Land. For fans who want to experience the uproarious fun of Nintendo Land, the game can still be purchased separately in stores and as a download in the Nintendo eShop at a new low suggested retail price of $29.99, also beginning Nov. 1.

The beautiful, limited-edition Wii U Deluxe bundle that comes with a download code for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, a gorgeous GamePad controller adorned with art inspired by The Legend of Zelda series and a download code for a digital copy of Hyrule Historia is also still available at a suggested retail price of $299.99 while supplies last.

"Mario and Luigi are two of the biggest heroes in video games," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "This new Wii U configuration gives people instant access to not one, but two of the most well-received Wii U games. It's another example of the tremendous value and variety that Nintendo is offering consumers this holiday season."

New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U are two of the best games on Wii U. The games offer players two separate platforming adventures – one starring Mario and one starring Luigi – each filled with dozens of creative levels. Both Mario and Luigi control differently, giving each game a distinct feel and challenge. Both games showcase the refreshing originality and game play that can only be found on Nintendo systems.

Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu..

Source: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=40761

Two really fun games. Also price drop on e shop version of Nintendo Land to $30. 

Around the Network

This should have been the launch bundle.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ooooo I know what my kids are getting for Christmas.

This is what I was waiting for.... Now, ima wait for a good Thanksgiving day offer, and Ill be set. Finally getting a Wii U this year

It's for the best tbh, Nintendo Land didn't have the appeal of Wii Sports. Best stick to your old guns then!

Around the Network

Great deal guys! And Ninty Land for $30= A steal ! great game!

Nintendoland was a terrible concept. Not a bad game, just a theme that isn't appealing. It should have been the game that targeted non-Nintendo fans and adults like Wii Sports did, but as soon as you hear the name "Nintendoland", it screams nerd. Focusing on Mario fans with the new bundle is a much smarter move. A Wii Sports Club bundle would be even better.

RolStoppable said:
This confirms that even Nintendo recognizes Nintendo Land as a failure. Permanently replaced and dropped in price after less than a year. Too bad that the other failure (the console itself) can't be shoved out of the way.

All i see is a NEW bundle.

I'd buy one! Hope it comes to Europe as well!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Awesome deal. This should definitely move some consoles.

I recommend Nintendo Land as a supplementary purchase to anyone getting this bundle. Lots of fun and huge replay value.