By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First review of Batman Arkham Origins. Its not looking good.

Tagged games:

Well since it wasn't made by Rocksteady, I'm not surprised.

Still getting it, since more of the same is all I expected.

Around the Network

More of the same means waiting for the Steam Sale for me :D

Remember that this is an OPINION... besides 7/10 is still good. The series as a whole is held to a high expectation anyway. So, this won't be the best in the series but I'll still get it and judge for myself

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Since when isn't a 7/10 good? Oh yeah. 8/10 or higher or it's second rate trash.

Anyways, I thought Arkham City was wasn't as good as Arkham Asylum because it removed a lot of gameplay elements by making you grapple everywhere.  Removing sections where you platformed your way around areas up to the top, where instead you just looked up and shot your grappling hook.  Even though a worse game than Arkham Asylum it was still good.  This one will also be  good, but just like with Arkham City I'll be disappointed with how it's the same once again.  If I wanted the same gameplay I don't need to buy a new game for it, so I'm waiting for the game to hit $20.  but will game share it from my friend since he's  getting it day one.

osed125 said:

So a 7/10 is considered "not looking good"? Does everything need to be 8+ to be considered good nowadays? 

On forums 7/10 is passable, but if its exclusives it better be an 8.5 or better. This is what it seems to have come down to.

Around the Network

I tend to ignore these sort of early reviews. Sometimes they're credible, most times they are not. Looking at this, it seems like just some guy's review blog.

"Dracula’s Cave is the home of DiscoDracula. Please enjoy his videogame and anime reviews and articles."

Oh...so it is just some guy's review blog.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

carlos710 said:
Well, I didn't played the past games so this won't affect me. I'm still undecided if I'll get it tho.. it's a possible for my WiiU

Preorder it from amazon a few weeks back for Wii U, is 50 dollars cause does not have the online modes (that I will not play anyway) and amazon is giving 10 dollar credit for your next purchase, so is basically a new game for 40 dollars.

7.0 is not a bad score. People are all just expecting tens. This is the same thing that scared people away from the last God of War and Gears of War. 8.0's to 7.0's on successful franchises and everyone runs of scared.

Holy smokes the Will U will be the top performing platform for Batman Origins confirmed!!!

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

platformmaster918 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
osed125 said:

So a 7/10 is considered "not looking good"? Does everything need to be 8+ to be considered good nowadays? 

exactly what I was thinking. Its one review from one site and its still not bad.

Reviews are broken any way as there is no standard. One quality game gets a 4/10 but isnt broken, while a broken but hyped game gets all its flaws excused and gets a 9/10.

I will take reviews seriously when they adopt a rating standard that doesnt involve opinion to score the tech of the game with a side part for the reviewers personal opinion on the game and their track record for scoring accessible to see how their opinion matches mine on games over time.

they're also particularly a crapshoot when it comes to sequels.  Ratchet gets docked for having upgrading weapons again but COD doesn't get docked for having perks?  The games they want to score higher or that the reviewer is a fan of he'll say "it's more of the same...but isn't that what we all wanted!?  9/10!" and if he's not as big a fan he'll say something like "too much of the same it feels stagnant.  7/10"

very true.