By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First review of Batman Arkham Origins. Its not looking good.

Tagged games:

Wasn't expecting much myself, I'm in the minority that actually preferred Arkham Asylum to Arkham City too.

Around the Network

I'm probably skipping this one, can't wait to see the next installment on ps4 or x1...I'm sure it will blow us away

This right here is going to be the game of the year!

Been waiting for this for far too long...

...and now its only hours... and I CANT SLEEP ! O_o

Didn't go to the midnight opening because my new girlfriend wanted to come over and have sex but in about three hours, I'll be banging on Gamestop's door. Waited all year for this game!

Wish there were reviews but since I already want the game, I'll okay with going in with no spoilers. I would actually check out the scores, though.

Playing Arkham Origins on my Wii U.

Seems like a pretty solid game so far. My gripes are that the game seems to be at a lower resolution than Arkham City. Arkham City on Wii U looked noticeably better than the 360 version though it stuttered occasionally when entering a new area (due to loading). I can see jaggies. Also, the main reason I got this version was for the amazing Wii U controls that Arkham City had. So far, I haven't seen the Wii U controller utilized for anything except off screen mode and as a map.

Not pleased. The game itself seems great but the Wii U features haven't been utilized.....yet. On a positive note, it DOES have Achievements!

Around the Network
attaboy said:

Seems like a pretty solid game so far. My gripes are that the game seems to be at a lower resolution than Arkham City. Arkham City on Wii U looked noticeably better than the 360 version though it stuttered occasionally when entering a new area (due to loading). I can see jaggies. Also, the main reason I got this version was for the amazing Wii U controls that Arkham City had. So far, I haven't seen the Wii U controller utilized for anything except off screen mode and as a map.

Not pleased. The game itself seems great but the Wii U features haven't been utilized.....yet. On a positive note, it DOES have Achievements!

i honestly wasnt expecting much from gamepad but at least you saved 10 bucks

oniyide said:
attaboy said:

But that's the thing.  In Arkham City for Wii U, the Gamepad had a ton of uses.  Unless they unlock some features later, there's absolutely no advantage to the Wii U controller.  I saved $10 but at the loss of the (reportedly shitty) online mode.  No biggie, though.  Probably never would have played it.

I just tossed in the Wii U version of Arkham City to compare and the graphics have indeed taken a hit.  Origins doesn't look as good as City but should hopefully be on par with the 360 and PS3 versions.  I fear Wii U owners are  victims of a really quick port instead of recieving the definitive version, this time.

attaboy said:

Ew, so all the gadget-switching is done with the D-pad? Lame. Show-stopping lame.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Played a little more. Alfred still calls via controller but he is sooo quiet that i had to turn subtitles on. It does feature a little bit of Wii U controls like scanning crime scenes. Still suffers from framerate drops. I don't regret the purchase. The game's as fun as ever. Just wish they would've put more effort into optimizing this version.

attaboy said:
oniyide said:
attaboy said:

But that's the thing.  In Arkham City for Wii U, the Gamepad had a ton of uses.  Unless they unlock some features later, there's absolutely no advantage to the Wii U controller.  I saved $10 but at the loss of the (reportedly shitty) online mode.  No biggie, though.  Probably never would have played it.

I just tossed in the Wii U version of Arkham City to compare and the graphics have indeed taken a hit.  Origins doesn't look as good as City but should hopefully be on par with the 360 and PS3 versions.  I fear Wii U owners are  victims of a really quick port instead of recieving the definitive version, this time.

with a missing online mode it was never gonna be a "definitive" version anyway. IMHO and i know Wii U fans are gonna hate to hear this. I think most of these companies even Ninty to a certain extent is shying away from gamepad heavy uses. The fact that this new Batman game doesnt use the gamepad in any meaningful way doesnt surprise me. Why would the company spend EXTRA time on a version of the game that isnt going to sell anywhere near as well as the PS360 or probably even PC version. They wouldnt it would make no sense. As for graphics from what i heard AC had framerate problems along with better graphics, so i guess its a pick your poison scenerio