By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First review of Batman Arkham Origins. Its not looking good.

Tagged games:

osed125 said:

So a 7/10 is considered "not looking good"? Does everything need to be 8+ to be considered good nowadays? 

exactly what I was thinking. Its one review from one site and its still not bad.

Reviews are broken any way as there is no standard. One quality game gets a 4/10 but isnt broken, while a broken but hyped game gets all its flaws excused and gets a 9/10.

I will take reviews seriously when they adopt a rating standard that doesnt involve opinion to score the tech of the game with a side part for the reviewers personal opinion on the game and their track record for scoring accessible to see how their opinion matches mine on games over time.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
daredevil.shark said:
osed125 said:

So a 7/10 is considered "not looking good"? Does everything need to be 8+ to be considered good nowadays? 

From the recent trend of scoring the answer is yes.

And what trend is that?

10/10- It's ok
9/10- A bit dissapointing but ok i guess
8/10- Bad
7/10- Dogshit
anything below is unplayable or an indie game.

osed125 said:
daredevil.shark said:
osed125 said:

And what trend is that?

A game less than 8 isnt worthy of $60. Maybe $30-$40 after several months. This is how most of the people are getting games.

daredevil.shark said:
osed125 said:
daredevil.shark said:

And what trend is that?

A game less than 8 isnt worthy of $60. Maybe $30-$40 after several months. This is how most of the people are getting games.

I would like a proof of this. Games with a high metacritic sometimes sell really bad, and others well...just look at this: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

The game has Batman on the tittle, that alone gives the game a lot more popularity that any review score out there.

Until I see a definitive proof, I will say that reviews don't matter at all in terms of sales, and only affects the few minority of people who actually care about game reviews.

That said, you think a 7 is bad score? You were the one who made the tittle so I guess you are the type of guys Ponyless described.

Nintendo and PC gamer

figured as much. ill just stick to Arkham City no point in spending money especially if the story is not as good.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
daredevil.shark said:
osed125 said:
daredevil.shark said:

And what trend is that?

I would like a proof of this. Games with a high metacritic sometimes sell really bad, and others well...just look at this: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

The game has Batman on the tittle, that alone gives the game a lot more popularity that any review score out there.

Until I see a definitive proof, I will say that reviews don't matter at all in terms of sales, and only affects the few minority of people who actually care about game reviews.

That said, you think a 7 is bad score? You were the one who made the tittle so I guess you are the type of guys Ponyless described.

You are absolutely correct. But I said about "trend" means other people. Its true that sometimes I am also part of that trend. Review scores never do justice. GTA IV and V might be highest rated game but they were "good" not great (GTA IV was a disappointment).

What I meant as "Not looking good" form the other gamers point of view. They will think, "Ohh. It got only 7. Not as good as previous one."

Peace. :D

Draculascave? lol

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

a few days back i saw the beyond two souls’s first review.it was not good. and later when the game came out it was a huge dissapointment. i see something like that happening to arkham origins.

I'll wait for more reviews, especially after pre-ordering Lost Worlds >_>

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Had a feeling this would happen. But still, one review does not a trend make.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.