By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anybody else think Bravely Default is FF 3's spiritual sequel?

Zero999 said:
AlphaCielago said:

Waht's tying them together is the numeral system. The rest are spin-offs as they hold the name FF for the sake of holding it.

I think i almost lost some iq points after reading this. you are proving there is nothing tying them together.

Don't worry, I've lost quite some from you're posts before.

There is nothing that says that the games need to tie together with each other. Gameplay is what's tied, with exceptions.

Can you tell me why Square makes a bigger deal of the numeral ones? The answer lies somewhere in that it's the main series.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

The voices sound awful in my opinion, looks pretty good tho

It looks like Heroes of Light or Crystal Chronicles more than anything.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Zero999 said:
Michael-5 said:
Yea FF: The 4 Heroes of Light is a spin off game, just look at Wikipedia.

It's still Final Fantasy, just not a main series game, and Bravely Default is a sequel for it.

there is no main series FF and thus, no spin off. just look at logic.

Final Fantasy I-XV are main series.

Zero999 said:

mystery dungeon doesn't follow the story or the gameplay of the main series and that makes it a spin off. final fantasy's numbered games doesn't follow the same story or gameplay mechanics = it doesn't have a main series. that means no final fantasy is a spin off.

This shows how hardcore of a Final Fantasy fan you are........ Every main series FF game is related. Heck FFX takes place on the same Planet in the same world as FFVII (and maybe IV and VI as well), FFIII takes place in the same world as FFVIII, Final Fantasy I takes place in the same world as FF IX, Kain in FFIV is the son of Richard from FFII, IV and VI take place during and after the War of the Magi, all FF games have some connection to Eidolons, and all FF games have a "Cid." 4 Heroes of light does not have a Cid, nor does it share any part of the game world with any other FF game

Also while the story arc differs per main series FF game, they are still the main series FF games. Otherwise The 4 Heroes of Light would have had a numbered entry. Heck even side-games like XIII-II have numbered entries.

---

Think about it this way, while most Zelda games aren't directly related, they are all related on an over-arching story tree (with the Minish Cap as the first game, and Zelda II as the last). Final Fantasy is the same, while XIII might not be directly related to FFXII or FFXIV, it's related to FFX and FFVII, which take place after FFIV and FFVI, which take place on a different planet then FFI and FFIX, etc.

So FF: The Four Heroes of Light is a Spinoff, sorry, since it lacks various game mechanics related to all main series FF games, and since it doesn't take place in the same world as main series FF games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

wait, if I really didn't enjoy FFIII.

OMG I won't like bravely default

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Zero999 said:
Michael-5 said:
Yea FF: The 4 Heroes of Light is a spin off game, just look at Wikipedia.

It's still Final Fantasy, just not a main series game, and Bravely Default is a sequel for it.

there is no main series FF and thus, no spin off. just look at logic.

Final Fantasy I-XV are main series.

Zero999 said:

mystery dungeon doesn't follow the story or the gameplay of the main series and that makes it a spin off. final fantasy's numbered games doesn't follow the same story or gameplay mechanics = it doesn't have a main series. that means no final fantasy is a spin off.

This shows how hardcore of a Final Fantasy fan you are........ Every main series FF game is related. Heck FFX takes place on the same Planet in the same world as FFVII (and maybe IV and VI as well), FFIII takes place in the same world as FFVIII, Final Fantasy I takes place in the same world as FF IX, Kain in FFIV is the son of Richard from FFII, IV and VI take place during and after the War of the Magi, all FF games have some connection to Eidolons, and all FF games have a "Cid." 4 Heroes of light does not have a Cid, nor does it share any part of the game world with any other FF game

Also while the story arc differs per main series FF game, they are still the main series FF games. Otherwise The 4 Heroes of Light would have had a numbered entry. Heck even side-games like XIII-II have numbered entries.

---

Think about it this way, while most Zelda games aren't directly related, they are all related on an over-arching story tree (with the Minish Cap as the first game, and Zelda II as the last). Final Fantasy is the same, while XIII might not be directly related to FFXII or FFXIV, it's related to FFX and FFVII, which take place after FFIV and FFVI, which take place on a different planet then FFI and FFIX, etc.

So FF: The Four Heroes of Light is a Spinoff, sorry, since it lacks various game mechanics related to all main series FF games, and since it doesn't take place in the same world as main series FF games.

some of them being connected is irrelevant. unless ALL of them are connected, it's just a bunch of separete stories = no main line.

I just know it looks phenomenal. 

Man, that trailer pumped me so much.

Zero999 said:

some of them being connected is irrelevant. unless ALL of them are connected, it's just a bunch of separete stories = no main line.

You're alone on this one as it seems no one is agreeing with you.

You know what, Spirit Tracks anf Hourglass aren't main series because they just connect to some  games, in other words Hourglass and Wind Waker. 

Zelda series doesn't have a main series.

AlphaCielago said:
Zero999 said:

You know what, Spirit Tracks anf Hourglass aren't main series because they just connect to some  games, in other words Hourglass and Wind Waker. 

what an auto owned. go check the zelda timeline.

by the way, even if zelda titles weren't connected story wise (wich they are), they all share the same gameplay style, be it in 2d or 3d. numbered and non numbered final fantasies have no story or gameplay relation. you could pick some of the numbered ones that are connected in story and call it the main series but then you'd have to consider all the others (including many numbered ones) as spin offs.

Zero999 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Zero999 said:

what an auto owned. go check the zelda timeline.

by the way, even if zelda titles weren't connected story wise (wich they are), they all share the same gameplay style, be it in 2d or 3d. numbered and non numbered final fantasies have no story or gameplay relation. you could pick some of the numbered ones that are connected in story and call it the main series but then you'd have to consider all the others (including many numbered ones) as spin offs.

This proves you know very little about FF and I don't even play much if them. All FF's share similar gameplay styles, if not then Zelda doesn't. 

I know all the Zelda's are connected in some way, but that doesn't mean shit now. Because you disregarded his post about the connection of the FF's storywise.

Wind Waker has nothing to do with Twilight branch or the LttP branch. Yet they all are main series.