By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anybody else think Bravely Default is FF 3's spiritual sequel?

AlphaCielago said:
Zero999 said:

what an auto owned. go check the zelda timeline.

by the way, even if zelda titles weren't connected story wise (wich they are), they all share the same gameplay style, be it in 2d or 3d. numbered and non numbered final fantasies have no story or gameplay relation. you could pick some of the numbered ones that are connected in story and call it the main series but then you'd have to consider all the others (including many numbered ones) as spin offs.

This proves you know very little about FF and I don't even play much if them. All FF's share similar gameplay styles, if not then Zelda doesn't. 

I know all the Zelda's are connected in some way, but that doesn't mean shit now. Because you disregarded his post about the connection of the FF's storywise.

Wind Waker has nothing to do with Twilight branch or the LttP branch. Yet they all are main series.

numbered final fantasies range from turn based traditional rpg to action mmo style. legend of zelda is always action adventure.

and as you said, some numbered ff connect to a few others but not with all, making them a bunch of separate stories.

all legend of zelda's are connected, being a straight line until ocarina divides the timelines. wind waker has nothing to do with tp or a link to the past? they all come from ocarina and what happened before, i.e. they share a past.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
AlphaCielago said:

This proves you know very little about FF and I don't even play much if them. All FF's share similar gameplay styles, if not then Zelda doesn't. 

I know all the Zelda's are connected in some way, but that doesn't mean shit now. Because you disregarded his post about the connection of the FF's storywise.

Wind Waker has nothing to do with Twilight branch or the LttP branch. Yet they all are main series.

numbered final fantasies range from turn based traditional rpg to action mmo style. legend of zelda is always action adventure.

and as you said, some numbered ff connect to a few others but not with all, making them a bunch of separate stories.

all legend of zelda's are connected, being a straight line until ocarina divides the timelines. wind waker has nothing to do with tp or a link to the past? they all come from ocarina and what happened before, i.e. they share a past.

They don't share a past except for what happened prior to OoT. OoT had 3 endings.

Tell what you think of the numbered Dragon Quest games, are they main series?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
Zero999 said:

They don't share a past except for what happened prior to OoT. OoT had 3 endings.

bolded: contradiction.

i never played dragon quest.

Zero999 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Zero999 said:

There is no contradiciton if you don't specify what it is. Michael gave you a reason for why the numbered FF's are main series and that's is because they share a past in some form. Although there should be no need to say it because you're the only one who think that it isn't a main series

Either way, DQ 1-10 are main series, just like DQ Monsters is a spin-off.

Have you ever noticed how Square treats the numbered FF's? They treat them the best because it's the main series.

AlphaCielago said:
Zero999 said:
AlphaCielago said:

There is no contradiciton if you don't specify what it is. Michael gave you a reason for why the numbered FF's are main series and that's is because they share a past in some form. Although there should be no need to say it because you're the only one who think that it isn't a main series

Have you ever noticed how Square treats the numbered FF's? They treat them the best because it's the main series.

you said they don't share a past and then said they do = CONTRADICTION.

I already explained that the numbered final fantasies don't share a past. only a few connect to others, making them many separeted stories.

Considering the crappy treatment square gives the numbered final fantasies, it's safer to assume that bravely default/ heroes of light are the main series, acording to your logic.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Zero999 said:
Michael-5 said:
Yea FF: The 4 Heroes of Light is a spin off game, just look at Wikipedia.

It's still Final Fantasy, just not a main series game, and Bravely Default is a sequel for it.

there is no main series FF and thus, no spin off. just look at logic.

Final Fantasy I-XV are main series.

Zero999 said:

mystery dungeon doesn't follow the story or the gameplay of the main series and that makes it a spin off. final fantasy's numbered games doesn't follow the same story or gameplay mechanics = it doesn't have a main series. that means no final fantasy is a spin off.

This shows how hardcore of a Final Fantasy fan you are........ Every main series FF game is related. Heck FFX takes place on the same Planet in the same world as FFVII (and maybe IV and VI as well), FFIII takes place in the same world as FFVIII, Final Fantasy I takes place in the same world as FF IX, Kain in FFIV is the son of Richard from FFII, IV and VI take place during and after the War of the Magi, all FF games have some connection to Eidolons, and all FF games have a "Cid." 4 Heroes of light does not have a Cid, nor does it share any part of the game world with any other FF game

Also while the story arc differs per main series FF game, they are still the main series FF games. Otherwise The 4 Heroes of Light would have had a numbered entry. Heck even side-games like XIII-II have numbered entries.

---

Think about it this way, while most Zelda games aren't directly related, they are all related on an over-arching story tree (with the Minish Cap as the first game, and Zelda II as the last). Final Fantasy is the same, while XIII might not be directly related to FFXII or FFXIV, it's related to FFX and FFVII, which take place after FFIV and FFVI, which take place on a different planet then FFI and FFIX, etc.

So FF: The Four Heroes of Light is a Spinoff, sorry, since it lacks various game mechanics related to all main series FF games, and since it doesn't take place in the same world as main series FF games.

What? I've been playing Final Fantasy games since I was four years old and never heard of (nor seen) a connection between any of the numbered games which implies they're in the same universe. 

Zero999 said:
AlphaCielago said:

you said they don't share a past and then said they do = CONTRADICTION.

I already explained that the numbered final fantasies don't share a past. only a few connect to others, making them many separeted stories.

Considering the crappy treatment square gives the numbered final fantasies, it's safer to assume that bravely default/ heroes of light are the main series, acording to your logic.

There is no crappy treatment, it varies by taste. There are people who loves the latest main FF games. And who has said anything about them needing to connect to each other? 

Ok, you got me on the Zelda part but it doesn't change jack

AlphaCielago said:

There is no crappy treatment, it varies by taste. There are people who loves the latest main FF games. And who has said anything about them needing to connect to each other? 

correct, it doesn't change the fact that final fantasy has no main series.

Zero999 said:
AlphaCielago said:

You're the only one saying that. No one agrees with you. There is nothing you can say that states otherwise. They are numbered because  they started to make sequels, in other words FFII. III, IV and so on. They also never stopped in making the main series, unlike other spin-offs in the whole franchise. Like for example 4 heroes of light.

AlphaCielago said:
Zero999 said:

You're the only one saying that. No one agrees with you. There is nothing you can say that states otherwise. They are numbered because  they started to make sequels, in other words FFII. III, IV and so on. They also never stopped in making the main series, unlike other spin-offs in the whole franchise. Like for example 4 heroes of light.

no one needs to agree with me for it to be true. in the end it's just a lose-lose situation for you because even if the numbered ff's were a main line, the so called "spin offs" have to be considered main line too.