By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bought 3DS on impulse - game recommendations?

ironmanDX said:
Rayman Origins/Legends, Pokemon, If you like old school hack and slashes, try heroes of chaos. It's a downloadable title from SquareEnix. There certainly isn't a shortage of good software on the 3DS.

Didn't you mean heroes of ruin? It is also retail, not only downloadable. if there is also a downloadable only title heroes of chaos also from SE I ever heard of it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

kingdom hearts 3D, Fire Emblem, Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil Revelations and Castlevania Mirrors of Fate are all EXCELLENT. Played it on Vita, but I hated VLR but I know several people who think it is one of the best games ever.

There have already been many good RPG's on the 3DS. Pokemon X/Y just came out, and Pokemon is always a good choice. Fire Emblem was also very well received. And Bravely Default is coming sometime in the future. (Made by SE.)

And of course there are good platformers on the 3DS; it's a Nintendo system for goodness sake.

NintendoPie said:
And Bravely Default is coming sometime in the future. (Made by SE.)

I'm interested in Bravely Default, but made by Square Enix really doesn't mean much anymore considering how many bad games they've made lately.  It's like buying a line of crappy name brand clothing.  It's name brand, but it's not very good. 

kupomogli said:

I'm interested in Bravely Default, but made by Square Enix really doesn't mean much anymore considering how many bad games they've made lately.  It's like buying a line of crappy name brand clothing.  It's name brand, but it's not very good. 

I was just mentioning that it was made by SE since he might not have known what Bravely Default was, although I'm sure he knows what Square Enix is... I would hope.

Around the Network

It's made by Silicon Studio.
Tech wizards.

kupomogli said:
joora said:

I was watching to buy a x360 or PS3 to compliment my Wii and Pc, but just couldn't justify the investment...   So, instead diving into HD console gaming, I've ordered 3DS XL on total impulse.

Interested in PS360, couldn't justify so purchases a 3DS on impulse which has even less quality exclusives.  Makes no sense.

I'd recommend Shin Megami Tensei 4, Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, Shinobi, Fire Emblem, Super Mario 3D Land, Cave Story 3D, and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

I'd say get some DS games if you don't have a DS.  With the lack of good 3DS exclusives, I play regular DS games more on my 3DS than I do 3DS games.

Yeah, I know that it doesn't make no sense, but the majority of games I was interested in were available, or will be avialable, for PC. There is probably a little bit of nostalgia, since the original GameBoy was my first hanheld/console, and I haven't given handhelds any second chance till now. When I have actually began considering it, 3DS XL ticked many boxes, with the biggest negative being low resolution screens.

I haven't received it yet, so I don't know if I'll regret the purchase, but I could easily sell it almost without any loss in the country I live.

I advise you to look at some third-party offerings, Nintendo systems do not have Nintendo games only, you know. Aside from every game mentioned here, my recommendations are Ace Combat, Shinobi, Sonic Generations, Tales of the Abyss, Code of Princess, DoA Dimensions and SSFIV 3D.

Elite Beat Agents (NDS) is super fun but not sure if it is your type.

Got the little bugger yesterday.

Thx for reccomendations, now off to play some games!