By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bought 3DS on impulse - game recommendations?

For point and click adventures I really liked Hotel Dusk and Ghost Trick Phantom Detective. The first one is more like an interactive novel, and the second one has some funny characters and Japanese humor.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

Virtues Last Reward, and Kid Icarus are must buys.
The E-Shop has a lot of good stuff on it too

There is quite a few point click/puzzle game stuff on it too.

Rayman Origins/Legends, Pokemon, If you like old school hack and slashes, try heroes of chaos. It's a downloadable title from SquareEnix. There certainly isn't a shortage of good software on the 3DS.

JazzB1987 said:

Another interesting game I just bought (for like 13€ bought at zavvi.com 2for25pounds deal) is Virtues Last Reward (I have no clue what genre it is tho. Story driven mystery/puzzler?) A little bit like Professor Layton which itself is also a nice series.

Thanks for the tip, just went there and bought Virtues Last reward and Super street fighter IV for 25pounds! great deal.

Thanks to others for lots of other suggestions, it seems that there is a lot action waiting for me on the 3DS

Personal Ratings off the top of my head

Pokemon XY - 9.6
Kid Icarus: Uprising - 9.1
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 8.5
Mario Kart 7 - 8.8
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - 8.8
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 8.4
Cave Story - 8.9
Zelda Minish Cap - 9.1
Zelda Oracle of Seasons - 9.4 
Mario 3D Land - 8.2
Pushmo - 7.6

Around the Network

Shin Megami Tensie IV...that game will kick you ass if your not careful though....
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance; it's basically Kingdom Hearts 2.5...you basically find out the plot of KH III and who are the main villains and heroes
Super Mario 3D Land; in my opionion the best Mario since 64
pokemon X&Y; you can't have a 3DS with no pokemon

Kingdom Hearts DDD, Zelda HD, Zelda LBW, Luigi's Mansion, then sell it back and buy PS3

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Zelda OoT, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X/Y, and then Zelda ALBW in November are the games I'd start with.

3DS has a very impressive library for only being 2 1/2 years old, so there's plenty of great games available (I have 21 retail 3DS games currently). The ones I listed are just some of my personal favorites and the ones that have seemed to get great reviews AND be praised heavily by fans.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

PlayMatt said:
Kingdom Hearts DDD, Zelda HD, Zelda LBW, Luigi's Mansion, then sell it back and buy PS3

I did the opposite, I sold a PS3 and bought a 3DS

joora said:
JazzB1987 said:

Another interesting game I just bought (for like 13€ bought at zavvi.com 2for25pounds deal) is Virtues Last Reward (I have no clue what genre it is tho. Story driven mystery/puzzler?) A little bit like Professor Layton which itself is also a nice series.

Thanks for the tip, just went there and bought Virtues Last reward and Super street fighter IV for 25pounds! great deal.

Thanks to others for lots of other suggestions, it seems that there is a lot action waiting for me on the 3DS

Very welcome :)

check out this list for more potential games.    
3DS Games sorted by rating

Oh yeah look for  THE DENPA MEN  on the eshop very great game! Feels like DragonQuest  to me :)