By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Mario Kart killer has appeared: Angry Birds Go

That looks slow and boring.

I will stick with Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Around the Network

Looks fun and has much more charm than a lot of crappy racers on mobile. Will do good.

Since it´s for tablets, and still requires the purchase of toys to play, I don´t see it taking away Mario Kart fans from it. Besides, tablets have a different audience than consoles. Fans won´t change or abandon console games for this

Parents who buy Mario Kart or these Toys for this game aren't a different audience..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Parents buying mario kart or buying these toys for this game aren't a different audience..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Is there a free version with ads? I definitely won't pay money for this...

Mario Kart is the father of this game.

RolStoppable said:
crissindahouse said:
the "problem" with casual gamers is that they will really think this is enough for them. the game won't be as good as mario kart but i can see how some might think "it's good enough for me, why should i pay so much more for mario kart when i have already a funny kart game"

If you rule out the entire local multiplayer angle, then maybe. Even in a scenario where every person owns a smartphone, a get-together to play video games each on an individual small screen isn't the same as sitting in front of the big TV screen, whether that is in a family environment or a (beer-drinking) group of friends.

i thought more about mario kart on handhelds and not on something like wii u. and  i never said that this is a mario kart killer, only that i see some casual gamers who could think this is enough and that they need no mario kart anymore. mario kart will still do fine in the future but without something like angry birds kart, mario kart games would have it probably easier.

And again people forget the biggest thing about MK 8, Multiplayer and online.

It looks decent. Will it affect Mario Kart's sales? Maybe. Certainly won't kill it though.