By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Mario Kart killer has appeared: Angry Birds Go

Saw my brother play this the other day. It looked very generic. Also, controlled pretty awkwardly.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

If the future is grinding and micro-transactions, I'd rather not play.

when angry birds was released on android i really liked it, but when they came with all those other angry birds games, i don't know why but i'm not really interested.

I actually kinda like it.. the racing is pretty good.. shame about the timers but I've unlocked 5 birds already so I can race 25 times before I run out.. which is more then enough when i take a dump.... hoping for multiplayer!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

big lol at those who think it will kill mario kart .... seriously, get a life!

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
I actually kinda like it.. the racing is pretty good.. shame about the timers but I've unlocked 5 birds already so I can race 25 times before I run out.. which is more then enough when i take a dump.... hoping for multiplayer!

Wait...this doesn't have any mutliplayer to it?  And people are expecting this to dethrone Mario Kart? 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
NiKKoM said:

Wait...this doesn't have any mutliplayer to it?  And people are expecting this to dethrone Mario Kart? 

It's coming in the spring
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152233743764928&set=a.428114379927.205212.314467614927&type=1

They released it to get those sales going for christmas..  hasbro already sold 1 million telepods toys before the holiday season started.. won't be surprised if they sold an extra 1 or 2 million in the holiday season..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Viper1 said:
NiKKoM said:

It's coming in the spring
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152233743764928&set=a.428114379927.205212.314467614927&type=1

They released it to get those sales going for christmas..  hasbro already sold 1 million telepods toys before the holiday season started.. won't be surprised if they sold an extra 1 or 2 million in the holiday season..

Wow.  Mulitplayer as a game update.  I really hate the piecemeal direction the whole industry has moved into.

Oh look, paid for special karts are in the multiplayer making it pay to win.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I haven't played the game, it looks alright, if it wasn't designed to milk your money I'd get it. This is just a side note but I just read Rovio's Wikipedia article and they've released 11 games in the span of 4 years. That's pretty sickening, and it shows the causal game market is treading on very thin ice.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

I have played this game recently, it's really fun at the beginning, but it gets super hard later on and the upgrades on the  karts will cost a fortune, so you will either have to grind or buy in game money...

Yeah.. no, I would rather play mario kart even at 50$ it's fun to play either alone or with others online and offline, and it have no limit on characters or microtransaction, and requires no grinding.