By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG Fans I Need Some Advice

Wright said:

^ This one.

But it's actually a Dungeon-Crawler game rather than a JRPG in the classic sense of the word.

Yeah, found it. Though not much else.

Around the Network
Xen said:
selnor1983 said:
I don't know if you've already played it, but Lost Odyssey was amazing. FF13 was horrendous in comparison.

Lost Odyssey must be played.

Not only in comparison. It's generally horrendous

Looking forward to playing LO, myself. But since there are not all that many reasons for me to own a X360 aside from LO and some more RPG's, I've so far held out.

You will enjoy. Its the game FF13 shoudl have been. It has a great battle system, intriguing and very sad story. One of the best sad scenes in the genre. Good systems such as the Immortals and mortals. And its very well done. Would love to see a 2nd game. Hironobu Sakaguchi deserved for this game to outsell FF13. Was better in every way except graphics. Music was awesome. Still love this track

Xen said:
Wright said:

^ This one.

But it's actually a Dungeon-Crawler game rather than a JRPG in the classic sense of the word.

Yeah, found it. Though not much else.

Until 2014, no info about it. But the more RPGs, the better :P

selnor1983 said:
Xen said:
selnor1983 said:
I don't know if you've already played it, but Lost Odyssey was amazing. FF13 was horrendous in comparison.

Looking forward to playing LO, myself. But since there are not all that many reasons for me to own a X360 aside from LO and some more RPG's, I've so far held out.

You will enjoy. Its the game FF13 shoudl have been. It has a great battle system, intriguing and very sad story. One of the best sad scenes in the genre. Good systems such as the Immortals and mortals. And its very well done. Would love to see a 2nd game. Hironobu Sakaguchi deserved for this game to outsell FF13. Was better in every way except graphics. Music was awesome. Still love this track

Yup, heard the above many times (both the track and why is the game good))

Xen said:
selnor1983 said:
Xen said:
selnor1983 said:

Thats it. Just talking about this game has made me decide. Im going to go and complete this game for my 10th and final time before trading in the 360 for The One. This was such an awesome experience. Thankyou for helping me make this my last 360 playthrough. Im actually excited to go and pick this up and play it again.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Xen said:
selnor1983 said:

Thats it. Just talking about this game has made me decide. Im going to go and complete this game for my 10th and final time before trading in the 360 for The One. This was such an awesome experience. Thankyou for helping me make this my last 360 playthrough. Im actually excited to go and pick this up and play it again.

No problem.

Xen said:
Boutros said:
Xen said:

SO4 is awesome and fun, don't listen to him Soriku.

I wouldn't expect anything else from someone who hates FFXIII!!

Engarde?

Yeah, I love my SO4. I even played it with Engdubs by CHOICE. So you know I'm hardcore

I don't believe 360 players had a choice and it was awful. I don't know how we can agree on a lot Xen and just be polar opposite on the fact that SO4 is awful.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Xen said:
Boutros said:
Xen said:

SO4 is awesome and fun, don't listen to him Soriku.

I wouldn't expect anything else from someone who hates FFXIII!!

Engarde?

Yeah, I love my SO4. I even played it with Engdubs by CHOICE. So you know I'm hardcore

I don't believe 360 players had a choice and it was awful. I don't know how we can agree on a lot Xen and just be polar opposite on the fact that SO4 is awful.

Yeah... but I did play on PS3 and therefore was given choice. I simply prefer English dubs in anything, and as long as they don't cross my "horrible" threshold, I will use them. SO4 dubs were Ok, even entertaining with Meracle.

I guess that is life though. I hate FF XIII with a satanic passion, but you don't =P

Xen said:
outlawauron said:
Xen said:

Engarde?

Yeah... but I did play on PS3 and therefore was given choice. I simply prefer English dubs in anything, and as long as they don't cross my "horrible" threshold, I will use them. SO4 dubs were Ok, even entertaining with Meracle.

I guess that is life though. I hate FF XIII with a satanic passion, but you don't =P

Meracle's cat voice was pretty bad. The worst was Serah (angel girl). Fainte (green haired elf guy), the robot, and edge were also grating. I didn't mind Reimi, Lymle (because her voice made sense to me), Myuria, and the guy with the scythe was meh.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

dark souls/demon souls = action/rpg's only
last story,lost odyssey,infinite undiscovery,eternal sonata = rpgs/jrpgs
granted everyone has there own meaning for what rpg means anymore, but i have been gaming since 1979 and thats the way i go by for the genre that i love so damn much,

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1