By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG Fans I Need Some Advice

Xen said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

I can definitely vouch for Resonance of Fate. Great battle system and amazing soundtrack, good characters and unique setting. The story is minimalistic but still decent.

Ishiki mentioned that the battle system doesn't change but I think that's missing the point. What makes battles in RoF unique throughout is the different battlefields, the types of enemies, and enemy placements. Every RPG gets repetitive at some point yet despite the criticisms of RoF being repetitive, I'd honestly say RoF has more unique encounters than a lot of RPGs. Unfortunately some people can't really see that...

Be sure to try it at some point.

That's about as kind and delicate as you can be with describing the story in RoF.

Haha. How did I miss that? Yup.

You are giving a coat of make-up there. The story in RoF is TRASH xD

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Wright said:

It is not. The game could've used more exposition but the story itself is fine.

The story, if you go to an encyclopedia or a wiki, is actually pretty good. But they made a disastrous job at explaining it on the game, which is where it matters, and for that I'm afraid the whole thing is trash. I was next to clueless when the credits rolled; and no, playing it again didn't help.

Soriku said:
Wright said:

It is not. The game could've used more exposition but the story itself is fine.

The game could use actually trying to tell something and tie it together. The storytelling in RoF is just like a disjointed senile guy.

I don't know if you've already played it, but Lost Odyssey was amazing. FF13 was horrendous in comparison.

Lost Odyssey must be played.

selnor1983 said:
I don't know if you've already played it, but Lost Odyssey was amazing. FF13 was horrendous in comparison.

Not only in comparison. It's generally horrendous

Looking forward to playing LO, myself. But since there are not all that many reasons for me to own a X360 aside from LO and some more RPG's, I've so far held out.

Around the Network
Xen said:
selnor1983 said:

But since there are not all that many reasons for me to own a X360 [...]

Damn. If this game doesn't seduce you, then I don't know what game will:

Wright said:
Xen said:
selnor1983 said:

But since there are not all that many reasons for me to own a X360 [...]

Damn. If this game doesn't seduce you, then I don't know what game will:

My biggest reasons I'll be getting Vesperia on PS3, given that I intend to take on Japanese in a few years. There a bunch of other 360 exclusives I'm interested in, though. The above one, too. I was sure it was just a port of the PS2 game.

Xen said:

My biggest reasons I'll be getting Vesperia on PS3, given that I intend to take on Japanese in a few years.

Though you can get the sequel for Ps3, you also have:

Also, there's an exclusive JRPG coming in 2014 <(n_n<)

^What exclusive JRPG :O

^ This one.

But it's actually a Dungeon-Crawler game rather than a JRPG in the classic sense of the word.