By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HW UP! Global SW UP! 5th October 2013

UK SW is up.
Wind Waker SW seems to be very impressive. Might be 250k+ this week.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
benji232 said:
WebMasterFlex said:
Bruxel said:
wii u looking good. 3ds king as usual. ps3 numbers are starting to drop big time

Don't worry about PS3, it is still doing the double of one of the wii u's best week

What point are you trying to make here? Ps3 is still on the obvious effect of GTAV. PS3 averaged this year 110-120k which is still a good amount over the wiiU but still no where near double. And let's see how a brand new 3D mario will boost wiiU sales if an HD remake quadrupled wiiU sales (from sub 20k to over 80k).

Your right, this year PS3 is no where near double Wii U. It’s actually over 4 times the amount of Wii U thus far this year.

2013 Sales as of September 28th
PS3 - 6,054,851
Wii U - 1,423,509

In the back of my mind I've always thought that the Wii U is nowhere near done.. If this isn't proof right here. 80,000 sales from an HD remake of what most consider to be one of the weakest Zelda titles, and a slim $50 price drop. Now imagine once we start getting the REAL significant games like Mario 3D World, Smash Brothers, Mario Kart 8, Wii Fit U, X, and DKC.. Along with one more $50 price drop. The sky is really the limit with the Wii U, it's just a matter of how far up Nintendo is willing to reach.

This console will probably come in last place, but that doesn't mean it can't end up with respectable, SNES like numbers, and (eventually) end up making a decent profit for Nintendo. I've always said the Wii U will be the SNES to the Wii's NES, in terms of sales comparison and game library, and I still believe that. By that I mean, less sales and success than the Wii but still decent numbers, and will also end up with an arguably stronger library.

Metallicube said:
In the back of my mind I've always thought that the Wii U is nowhere near done.. If this isn't proof right here. 80,000 sales from an HD remake of what most consider to be one of the weakest Zelda titles, and a slim $50 price drop. Now imagine once we start getting the REAL significant games like Mario 3D World, Smash Brothers, Mario Kart 8, Wii Fit U, X, and DKC.. Along with one more $50 price drop. The sky is really the limit with the Wii U, it's just a matter of how far up Nintendo is willing to reach.

This console will probably come in last place, but that doesn't mean it can't end up with respectable, SNES like numbers, and (eventually) end up making a decent profit for Nintendo. I've always said the Wii U will be the SNES to the Wii's NES, in terms of sales comparison and game library, and I still believe that. By that I mean, less sales and success than the Wii but still decent numbers, and will also end up with an arguably stronger library.

And when do you expect that next 50 dollar price drop? Wii U is already losing money and was so before this most recent drop.

Max King of the Wild said:
Metallicube said:

And when do you expect that next 50 dollar price drop? Wii U is already losing money and was so before this most recent drop.

Well that part is more of a pipe dream on my part than an actual prediction ($250 is what I would spend on the console).. But I do believe that perhaps by holiday season 2014, if Wii U is still struggling, Nintendo could do it, or at least have the option of a premium model without a game bundled for $250.

Around the Network

Sales have been so low (across the board) for a while now that 80k is considered great.

That was considered awful for PS360 back in their first year ...

But unlike many here I don't even class it as a price drop, it was a sku shuffle, the baseline is the same just with added value, so I was expecting anything much. Zelda did a good job of selling some consoles, it doesn't tell us anything about what sales to expect though, they'll go up ... yes. It's the holidays.

Blood_Tears said:
benji232 said:

What point are you trying to make here? Ps3 is still on the obvious effect of GTAV. PS3 averaged this year 110-120k which is still a good amount over the wiiU but still no where near double. And let's see how a brand new 3D mario will boost wiiU sales if an HD remake quadrupled wiiU sales (from sub 20k to over 80k).

Your right, this year PS3 is no where near double Wii U. It’s actually over 4 times the amount of Wii U thus far this year.

2013 Sales as of September 28th
PS3 - 6,054,851
Wii U - 1,423,509

Soo good ^^

Metallicube said:

Well that part is more of a pipe dream on my part than an actual prediction ($250 is what I would spend on the console).. But I do believe that perhaps by holiday season 2014, if Wii U is still struggling, Nintendo could do it, or at least have the option of a premium model without a game bundled for $250.

Well, I agree. If Nintendo is still struggling next year they will drop the price again... Like they did with the Gamecube... which goes against it being the SNES to the Wii.

Max King of the Wild said:
Metallicube said:

Well, I agree. If Nintendo is still struggling next year they will drop the price again... Like they did with the Gamecube... which goes against it being the SNES to the Wii.

Which would be hilarious, I remember when Wii was doing well and Nintendo critizing other companies for cutting the price of their consoles so often as it didn't offer stability or something? for consumers.

Seece said:
Sales have been so low (across the board) for a while now that 80k is considered great.

That was considered awful for PS360 back in their first year ...

But unlike many here I don't even class it as a price drop, it was a sku shuffle, the baseline is the same just with added value, so I was expecting anything much. Zelda did a good job of selling some consoles, it doesn't tell us anything about what sales to expect though, they'll go up ... yes. It's the holidays.

Yeah, I pointed out in another thread that if Wii U sustains 80k (unlikely as it will probably drop next week) that's only about 6mil a year. That is in no where near great and would struggle hitting Gamecube numbers.