By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Hobbit 24fps vs 48fps Video Comparison /Massive Rant

JoeTheBro said:
Reminds me of when I saw my first HD TV with Bluray playing spiderman 3. It looked too real.

Takes a while to get used to, but I'd never go back!

lol that is probably the lack of callibration and motion plus on your tv. I turn that shit off lol.

Around the Network

I definitely think the 24fps version is better. Watching the trailer in 48fps is just uncomfortable. Maybe it could work for other movies, but definitely not with LOTR.

..and stop being so condescending. That's just silly.

well parts of the first hobbit cgi didn't look right to me,whatever they are going with

Above & Beyond

HFR will die even faster than 3D.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
HFR will die even faster than 3D.

3D has died or is dying?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.php?action=search&other_bluray3d=1&sortby=productionyear

Around the Network

It was supposed to be the next big thing. But it is merely a niche now. 3D isn't even a selling point anymore for TVs. There are just too few people that really want that gimmick.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

24p looked perfectly fine.

I liked 48fps much better, especially the part where he pokes above the canopy in Mirkwood. (I also had no problems getting the link to run)

I have to agree with the OP, I like 48fps a lot. I hatted the PJ adaptation of the book however, I was swearing at it for days after having watched it.

Netyaroze said:
60fps should be standard for everything from Games to TV to Movies and Videostreams. I dont see why 24fps would be better at all.

The shared 48 fps video is indeed 60 fps...

GameAnalyser said:
Netyaroze said:
60fps should be standard for everything from Games to TV to Movies and Videostreams. I dont see why 24fps would be better at all.

The shared 48 fps video is indeed 60 fps...

No its obviously not 60fps. What I wanted to say is every movie needs to be 60fps not just 48fps like the Hobbit due to the refresh rate of the TV screens so every refresh a new picture. On a TV Screen 60fps are ideal.