By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official gamrConnect Pokemon X/Y Thread (It's Finally Here!)

Tagged games:

Which Starter Will You Choose?

Chespin sows the seeds of greatness! 76 41.08%

Fennekin fires me up! 45 24.32%

Froakie washes away the competition! 50 27.03%

Total:171
lestatdark said:
Got my team all levelled up and with the proper movesets. Just need to EV train them and they'll be ready to go

wait, you dont EV train them at the start?? I EV them to the max before they leave Lv1

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:
Got my team all levelled up and with the proper movesets. Just need to EV train them and they'll be ready to go

wait, you dont EV train them at the start?? I EV them to the max before they leave Lv1

Nope, it's much faster to EV train them later. I have all my slots filled with Reset Bags and x2 bags, thanks to Garchomp ability to rip apart the secret trainings, so I can EV train my team is record time. 

At level 1, my bagon's charged shots only took 70 damage out of the 2500 hp of the Haxorus balloon. Now at level 55, my Salamence does 550 with each charged shot.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Noice, now hurry up so we can do battle!

My Yveltal's foul play got me out of a sticky situation in an online battle, since the guy had strong physical attackers like Talonflame (and especially Aegislash attack form: attack plus STAB plus weakness). He started off strong with a Heliolisk that paralyzed my Azumarill and put it in the red, then quick ko'd my Rhydon with Surf, and only Mega Venusaur managed to put it down. Talonflame beat my Delphox straight-up in an embarrassing setback, but then Yveltal knocked over Talonflame, wiped out Gogoat and Aegislash, and barely overcame Greninja for the win.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Finally got my team fully EV trained. Very proud of how my Metagross, Rotom-W and Roserade ended up, they tore the Battle Institute a new one (6145 points, my new record, with Metagross sweeping everything).

Salamence hasn't really been tried mostly because I haven't found the need to (i'm quite familiar with a Moxie DD from Pokemon-Online times) and Heracross is Revenge Killer material. Weakness Policy Multiscale Dragonite is a whole new ball-game to the meta, so it'll be fun to try it properly on battles, once I actually have enough BP to buy one (had to buy Specs and Band first).

All in all, in another day or two, i'm ready to take on all-comers .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

There were some very mean guys (and gals) in Victory Road. Glad i'm off of it, though i must say i enjoyed one of the more challenging victory roads in memory.

Mr Khan said:
There were some very mean guys (and gals) in Victory Road. Glad i'm off of it, though i must say i enjoyed one of the more challenging victory roads in memory.

soon.... soon I will finally know your third poke on the safari

lestatdark said:
Finally got my team fully EV trained. Very proud of how my Metagross, Rotom-W and Roserade ended up, they tore the Battle Institute a new one (6145 points, my new record, with Metagross sweeping everything).

Salamence hasn't really been tried mostly because I haven't found the need to (i'm quite familiar with a Moxie DD from Pokemon-Online times) and Heracross is Revenge Killer material. Weakness Policy Multiscale Dragonite is a whole new ball-game to the meta, so it'll be fun to try it properly on battles, once I actually have enough BP to buy one (had to buy Specs and Band first).

All in all, in another day or two, i'm ready to take on all-comers .

My Weakness Policy Dragonite sucks, gets OHKOd all the time =(

Also Rocks and Spikes fuck everything up

MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

Where do i get to the Friend Safari, anyway? Do i have to get to the Hall of Fame first?

Mr Khan said:
MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

Where do i get to the Friend Safari, anyway? Do i have to get to the Hall of Fame first?

You need to beat the game and meet the professor after you are the champion and you will go to that city on the map you cant reach otherwise Kiloude City