By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official gamrConnect Pokemon X/Y Thread (It's Finally Here!)

Tagged games:

Which Starter Will You Choose?

Chespin sows the seeds of greatness! 76 41.08%

Fennekin fires me up! 45 24.32%

Froakie washes away the competition! 50 27.03%

Total:171

I really don't think I can play without Smogon rules. Which is why I'll probably only be battling friends online.

Around the Network

Im actually trying the battle maison to buy the TMs and some items, wish me luck

ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:
Finally got my team fully EV trained. Very proud of how my Metagross, Rotom-W and Roserade ended up, they tore the Battle Institute a new one (6145 points, my new record, with Metagross sweeping everything).

Salamence hasn't really been tried mostly because I haven't found the need to (i'm quite familiar with a Moxie DD from Pokemon-Online times) and Heracross is Revenge Killer material. Weakness Policy Multiscale Dragonite is a whole new ball-game to the meta, so it'll be fun to try it properly on battles, once I actually have enough BP to buy one (had to buy Specs and Band first).

All in all, in another day or two, i'm ready to take on all-comers .

My Weakness Policy Dragonite sucks, gets OHKOd all the time =(

Also Rocks and Spikes fuck everything

That's why i'm using Roost in my Dragonite. Come in on a pokemon that has to switch out, Roost out the entry hazard damage, DD while waiting for that inevitable 2x or 4x weakness attack (people love to go for those against Dragonite online), activate Weakness Policy = Profit. 

What nature is your Dragonite? I think this only works if you're using a Jolly one, otherwise Dragonite will be too slow, even with a +1 boost from DD.

Edit - If it doesn't work out in the end, I might swap out Dragonite for Timid Protean Greninja @ Life Orb (thanks to _crazy_man_ for this one).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:
Finally got my team fully EV trained. Very proud of how my Metagross, Rotom-W and Roserade ended up, they tore the Battle Institute a new one (6145 points, my new record, with Metagross sweeping everything).

Salamence hasn't really been tried mostly because I haven't found the need to (i'm quite familiar with a Moxie DD from Pokemon-Online times) and Heracross is Revenge Killer material. Weakness Policy Multiscale Dragonite is a whole new ball-game to the meta, so it'll be fun to try it properly on battles, once I actually have enough BP to buy one (had to buy Specs and Band first).

That's why i'm using Roost in my Dragonite. Come in on a pokemon that has to switch out, Roost out the entry hazard damage, DD while waiting for that inevitable 2x or 4x weakness attack (people love to go for those against Dragonite online), activate Weakness Policy = Profit. 

What nature is your Dragonite? I think this only works if you're using a Jolly one, otherwise Dragonite will be too slow, even with a +1 boost from DD.

Edit - If it doesn't work out in the end, I might swap out Dragonite for Timid Protean Greninja @ Life Orb (thanks to _crazy_man_ for this one).

Yeah I think I need a bulky Dragonite or Roost. Most the time he is hit 4x and taken down to 25% HP then they use priority attacks

ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:
ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:

Yeah I think I need a bulky Dragonite or Roost. Most the time he is hit 4x and taken down to 25% HP then they use priority attacks

A shame we can't (currently) make an Extremspeed Dragonite. Once the pokebank opens, i'm bringing that badass over to breed it with my current one, and then I'll have those Priority users on a plate .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:
ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:

A shame we can't (currently) make an Extremspeed Dragonite. Once the pokebank opens, i'm bringing that badass over to breed it with my current one, and then I'll have those Priority users on a plate .

Yeah I think istill have a ES dratini, but then I would want Swords Dance which Dragonite dosent learn =(

ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:
ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:
ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:

Yeah I think istill have a ES dratini, but then I would want Swords Dance which Dragonite dosent learn =(

ES Multiscale Dragonite would make the Weakness Policy build shine. Second turn +3 ES? Few pokes would resist that, especially if it comes from an Adamant Dragonite. Swords Dance would be overkill and would leave you wide open to fast ghost types.

Current PC Build

Oh man so much hax in the Chateau it's not even funny. Got hit by 5 Thunders in a row by a Zebstrika that had Quick Claw.

Turn 1: Salamence goes out, Earthquake is used, QC activates for Zebstrika, Thunder hits, paralyzes me, can't use Earthquake because i'm paralyzed, down to 32 % health

Turn 2: Switch to Metagross, Zebstrika uses Thunder, brings me down to 55%

Turn 3: Metagross uses Earthquake, Zebstrika uses Thunder, critical, Metagross KO

Turn 4: Bring out Roserade, use Sleep Powder, QC activates, Zebstrika uses Thunder, paralyzes me, can't move because i'm paralyzed

Turn 5: Zebstrika uses Flame Charge, KOs Roserade

Turn 6: Salamence comes out, Zebstrika uses Thunder, KOs Salamence.

Well damn....

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

watch this

the power of Weakness Policy Dragon Dance Dragonite... And my stupidity
WWWW-WWW2-HHKQ

ktay95 said:
lestatdark said:

watch this

the power of Weakness Policy Dragon Dance Dragonite... And my stupidity
WWWW-WWW2-HHKQ

You are missing the first four letter of the code ktay