By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DualShock 4 vs XBone Controller Review

Hynad said:
daredevil.shark said:

PS4 controller (six axis, light bar, speaker, touch pad etc) and PS Vita's lots of options (rear touch, gyro control etc) reminds me of these type of wierd controllers which doesnt exist. They put whatever they could put in the controller. It seems sony degineers were confused what to do.

Plus I like Xbox One using is using rechargeable battery. It is pain to use batteries but we can use battery packs. My 3 year old dualshock 3 went out of order because of battery. It is possible to change it but there are a lot of hassale associated with it.

Still I am going to get PS4 because of their games. But I wish Sony used just a normal controller instead of putting so many thins in the controller. Xbox One controller is probably the best controller of this gen.

Lol... What?

What did Sony put into the PS4 controller that have say they put, and I quote: "so many thins" in it?

Wait... It has a track pad... and the select and start buttons now have different names... What else? It includes move functionalities? Barely any different than the DS3 except for the lightbar... The rest of the button layout is the same as it's ever been. So yeah... The controller is now SOOO much more complex to use than the older Dual Shocks... ¬_¬

You are entitled to express your opinion and same goes for me also. You put some interesting points.

But in defense of my points I want to say "more" functionalities doesnt mean better. Six axis was an "added" option in dualshock 3 but looks at games like 'heavenly sword" or "lair". They had horrible controls.

Around the Network

I sold my PSOne, because the controller sucked compared to the N64 controller.
Fast forward to 2013 and the controller for the Playstation has not evolve much. The sticks are still badly placed, that is what kills it for me.

Once you played a FPS on the Xbox 360, there is no return.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The reason I prefer batteries instead of built in battery in controller is this. This is collecting dust for a long time. I just keep purchasing new controllers because I use them very roughly. Changing battery in dualshock 3 is a pain. Plus in that money I can get a new one.

x1 is better but ps4 remote is good as well

DirtyP2002 said:
Fast forward to 2013 and the controller for the Playstation has not evolve much. The sticks are still badly placed, that is what kills it for me.

Once you played a FPS on the Xbox 360, there is no return.

Wait... you're saying the sticks on the Dual Shock controllers are badly placed and mention your preference for the N64 contoller?

Around the Network

DirtyP2002 said:

Once you play a FPS on the Xbox 360, there is no return.

Tell that a PC gamer...

OT: Thread discussion is pretty pointless because about 95 % of the people hear have tried neither and are just trying to please their confirmation bias.

the DS always sucked for my hands and since the general shape didn't change it will still suck this gen... first my thumbs are natural human thumbs so their natural position is at a 20 degree angle position from the index finger not 40.... my palm meat is cramping up with DS sticks (I see you jiggling in the back).... then those D pad button being separated give me blisters if I play long sessions (couple hours).... and those sharp edge right side button the same (but less of an issue)... then you have the triggers, the DS3 one plain suck compared to the xb360 ones and even if they seem to have improved them XB1 seem to be even better than the 360 so I guess it will be a no contest again there....

so yeah pretty sure the only reason the DS4 gets any love is because it is a vastly improved version of the most famous pad now a day.... but pretty sure in a blind test with someone that has never been in gaming there is no contest.... the ergonomics of the XB1 pad is just more natural end of story..... the DS shape is more iconic...

DerNebel said:

DirtyP2002 said:

Once you play a FPS on the Xbox 360, there is no return.

Tell that a PC gamer...

OT: Thread discussion is pretty pointless because about 95 % of the people hear have tried neither and are just trying to please their confirmation bias.

competitive PC gamers.... the keyboard mouse combo is just deeper and more accurate.... but it is the less entertaining and confortable way to play IMO.... I have way more fun playing SP modes with a pad than a KB/M set up.... even on PC

DS controller was the one than was in need of more impoving. MS could have just released the 360 controller as it is and it would have been just fine. 

pezus said:
ethomaz said:
selnor1983 said:
From more recent interviews where the rumble triggers on Xbox One have been now put into game demos like Forza 5, it adds amazing feedback just not possible without. I fear once ive tried the rumble features with games like Forza 5 where you get feedback under braking ( ABS, Traction ) I wont be able to play without.

I can't see you playing Forza with a controller... sorry but you are saying something that won't be used for sim racing fans.

I can't tell if he's serious, honestly. But if he has been playing sims all this time with a controller, that explains a lot. The "sometimes I don't want to set up the wheel" line is no excuse, since he says "I won't be able to play without [the trigger rumble]". 

after this guy got caught lying about a ps3 purchase and his increadibly flat words of massive excitment over every MS product...

...i think he's just a MS marketing department employee paid to influcence social media.