By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's wrong with Microsoft?

Nintendo supported the wii for 4-5 years, microsoft did it for 8years, what do you want more?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

The reality is gamers would rather a PS3 than a 360, is that too hard for you to understand ? 

BTW nintendo's support was pretty much ass past 2010 with the wii and those sales prove it. 

The reason why sony doesn't have a higher software ratio is either because they screwed up and or can do with less software like the wii did. 

I am yet to see you give a reason why console sales are relevant to the thread. Yes, the PS3 outsold the 360. But it was on pace to do that from day one. So to point to the million or so lead the PS3 has and say it's because of MS's supposed dropped support of the console, doesn't make any sense. Did they drop this support in 2006?

Why are you trying to apply logic to the Wii numbers but not the PS3 numbers? Adorable.

And I couldn't care enough to even read your tie in excuse.

Dr.Grass said:
kupomogli said:

Here's some other games Nintendo cancelled on  the Gamecube and released on a different Nintendo console instead.

DK Bongo Blast — (Moved to Wii as Donkey Kong Barrel Blast)
Kirby GCN — (Moved to the Wii and resurfaced as Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
Pilotwings — (Moved to Wii)
Super Paper Mario — (Moved to the Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Moved to the Wii)
Yoshi platformer (Moved to Nintendo DS as Yoshi Touch & Go)

You're just making BULLSHIT up and trying to pass it off as fact aren't you.

Oh, I'm not missing a question mark there because I know the answer.

Stop talking shit.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/914767-pilotwings.  Cancelled.  Fact.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/06/19/hands-on-super-paper-mario Super Paper Mario for the Gamecube.  Cancelled.  Not in this article, can't find one that says it, and it's no longer listed on Gamefaqs, so the next best thing is a hands on of it where they played through a portion of the game.  I had Super Paper Mario preordered so that one I know about first hand.  Anyways.  Fact. 

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Donkey_Kong_Barrel_Blast Donkey Kong Bongo Blast(Search article) for the Gamecube.  Cancelled.  Fact.

http://www.ign.com/games/super-mario-128/gcn-14915 Super Mario 128, which was being developed for the Gamecube and later turned into Galaxy on the Wii.  Cancelled..

So, instead of telling me I'm making shit up, how about you just do a little research. 

*edit*. 

Someone already replied about it .  This post really wasn't required, but it's here anyways.  The others had no name so difficult to find an article from a reliable source.

kupomogli said:
Dr.Grass said:
kupomogli said:

Here's some other games Nintendo cancelled on  the Gamecube and released on a different Nintendo console instead.

DK Bongo Blast — (Moved to Wii as Donkey Kong Barrel Blast)
Kirby GCN — (Moved to the Wii and resurfaced as Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
Pilotwings — (Moved to Wii)
Super Paper Mario — (Moved to the Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Moved to the Wii)
Yoshi platformer (Moved to Nintendo DS as Yoshi Touch & Go)

You're just making BULLSHIT up and trying to pass it off as fact aren't you.

Oh, I'm not missing a question mark there because I know the answer.

Stop talking shit.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/914767-pilotwings.  Cancelled.  Fact.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/06/19/hands-on-super-paper-mario Super Paper Mario for the Gamecube.  Cancelled.  Not in this article, can't find one that says it, and it's no longer listed on Gamefaqs, so the next best thing is a hands on of it where they played through a portion of the game.  I had Super Paper Mario preordered so that one I know about first hand.  Anyways.  Fact. 

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Donkey_Kong_Barrel_Blast Donkey Kong Bongo Blast(Search article) for the Gamecube.  Cancelled.  Fact.

http://www.ign.com/games/super-mario-128/gcn-14915 Super Mario 128, which was being developed for the Gamecube and later turned into Galaxy on the Wii.  Cancelled..

So, instead of telling me I'm making shit up, how about you just do a little research. 

*edit*. 

Someone already replied about it .  This post really wasn't required, but it's here anyways.  The others had no name so difficult to find an article from a reliable source.

In 2006, Shigeru Miyamoto finally confirmed that the project was no more, and that bits and pieces of the concept had evolved into the Wii title Super Mario Galaxy.

Yeah. Planned for the Gamecube and then brought over to the Wii. Yeah ok. And I don't care if it is in the Wiki also. Don't know if you're aware of it, but companies like Nintendo are always busy with different projects in different stages. This always happens. 

Nintendo supported the Gamecube way better in it's final days than they did the N64.

Anyways I just don't like the point you're making, and you're using very, very flimsy facts to back it up. They did not abandon fully in development Gamecube games and then ported them to Wii.

I mean, "Yoshi platformer (Moved to Nintendo DS as Yoshi Touch & Go)" , like that would've been possible at all if the game was actually up and running on the Cube.

Come on man.

Machiavellian said:
J_Allard said:
Lets pretend for a second that your "MS abandoned the 360" theory is true (it isn't, but lets pretend). How is that the reason the PS3 ended up outselling it? Since the very day the PS3 launched it was on pace to outsell the 360.

That said, I don't have an issue with a company pushing games back for a new console. I wish Sony held GT6 off for PS4. And I am glad Ryse was changed.

I guess microsoft and nintendo don't intend to please the rest of their customers who bought the console late then. There is a reason gamers trust sony all around when it comes to supporting their consoles for a long lifespan and that in turn just gives them more reason to stick with sony rather than the rest of the console manufacturers. BTW GT6 for the PS3 was a smarter idea seeing as how the PS4's install base would have being an issue. 

Can we say that Sony was in a great position to support the PS1` and 2 because they sold boatloads.  How long did Sony first part support the PS2 after the PS3 hit the market.  How many titles will Sony first Party commit to the PS3 when the PS4 hit the market this year.  Also, MS has not stopped producing games for the 360 or getting games on their XBLA.  We also do not know how many games MS studios will bring to the 360 next year so this thread is a little premature.

Here's something pretty big about sony supporting the PS3, it's getting GT6!

That in itself is pretty generous of sony considering they could have pushed it to the PS4 but instead they decided that it was a smarter idea to give it to the PS3. 

Getting GT6 is more timming then anything else.  GT5 launch almost 3 years ago, and we all know poly needs years to work on a piece of hardware.  I basically believe that the PS4 wasn't ready.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:

In 2006, Shigeru Miyamoto finally confirmed that the project was no more, and that bits and pieces of the concept had evolved into the Wii title Super Mario Galaxy.

Yeah. Planned for the Gamecube and then brought over to the Wii. Yeah ok. And I don't care if it is in the Wiki also. Don't know if you're aware of it, but companies like Nintendo are always busy with different projects in different stages. This always happens. 

Nintendo supported the Gamecube way better in it's final days than they did the N64.

Anyways I just don't like the point you're making, and you're using very, very flimsy facts to back it up. They did not abandon fully in development Gamecube games and then ported them to Wii.

I mean, "Yoshi platformer (Moved to Nintendo DS as Yoshi Touch & Go)" , like that would've been possible at all if the game was actually up and running on the Cube.

Come on man.

You could argue that Super Paper Mario was a fully developed game that was cancelled.  There's no proof as there was a full version released, but the game was due for release on October 9th, 2006.  If you look at the IGN link I posted of the hands on, it was in June 2006, four months away from the games release date.  Instead, it was released early 2007.  So less than a year to port it over to the Wii.  I'd say that it's very easy to argue that it was finished on the Gamecube or very near being finished.  Even if they had some minor work to do to complete it, it was still playable and then moved over to the Wii.

Nintendo basically said, fuck you Gamecube owners.  We're dropping all support and moving over to the Wii.

Currently the PS3 sells less then 100K more units of software on a weekly basis at this rate it will take over 14 years for PS3 to outsell the 360 in software so its pretty much guranteed to never happen.  As a matter of fact the PS3 software sales will dry up much faster since the PS4 is off to a much better start then the X1.

kupomogli said:
Dr.Grass said:

Come on man.

You could argue that Super Paper Mario was a fully developed game that was cancelled.  There's no proof as there was a full version released, but the game was due for release on October 9th, 2006.  If you look at the IGN link I posted of the hands on, it was in June 2006, four months away from the games release date.  Instead, it was released early 2007.  So less than a year to port it over to the Wii.  I'd say that it's very easy to argue that it was finished on the Gamecube or very near being finished.  Even if they had some minor work to do to complete it, it was still playable and then moved over to the Wii.

Nintendo basically said, fuck you Gamecube owners.  We're dropping all support and moving over to the Wii.

I over-reacted unnecessarily. It happens sometimes. I apologize.

It's because of Mario Galaxy. That's all. And because I can't stand blaspheme against the gamecube.

peace brah

Chris Hu said:

Currently the PS3 sells less then 100K more units of software on a weekly basis at this rate it will take over 14 years for PS3 to outsell the 360 in software so its pretty much guranteed to never happen.  As a matter of fact the PS3 software sales will dry up much faster since the PS4 is off to a much better start then the X1.

in the time frame from launch to current, the PS3 has sold consistently more than the 360, even if not by much at times, the difference being that a full year or more on sale in various regions is much harder to catch up with for software than it is for hardware.

If the xbox 360 stopped selling software tomorrow, but the PS3 continued for another 11 and a half months in two regions, and up to 3 more years in other regions, do you genuinely think the lifetime software sales would not be extremely similar, or (most likely) higher for PS3?

Again, making statements about software sold between consoles launched so far apart is stupid, as i said in an earlier post, at this point the virtual boy has sold more software than the PS4 and Xbox One combined, does that mean anything? no.

When the Xbox 1 is a week old, would you find it fair to compare its software sales to the WiiU? No, you whouldnt.

Lifetime sales between consoles launched so far apart is not important.
Monthly sales differences between consoles launched so far apart is not important.
Total console sales between consoles launched so far apart is not important, though telling.

People just like to state the obvious while conveniently ignoring the logical reasoning FOR the obvious, to talk up their favored console.

Frequency said:
Chris Hu said:

in the time frame from launch to current, the PS3 has sold consistently more than the 360, even if not by much at times, the difference being that a full year or more on sale in various regions is much harder to catch up with for software than it is for hardware.

If the xbox 360 stopped selling software tomorrow, but the PS3 continued for another 11 and a half months in two regions, and up to 3 more years in other regions, do you genuinely think the lifetime software sales would not be extremely similar, or (most likely) higher for PS3?

Again, making statements about software sold between consoles launched so far apart is stupid, as i said in an earlier post, at this point the virtual boy has sold more software than the PS4 and Xbox One combined, does that mean anything? no.

When the Xbox 1 is a week old, would you find it fair to compare its software sales to the WiiU? No, you whouldnt.

Lifetime sales between consoles launched so far apart is not important.
Monthly sales differences between consoles launched so far apart is not important.
Total console sales between consoles launched so far apart is not important, though telling.

People just like to state the obvious while conveniently ignoring the logical reasoning FOR the obvious, to talk up their favored console.

It was Sony's choice to launch the PS3 when it did, no? The PS3 and 360 were competitors from the start. The constant need to allign launches is ridiculous. The videogames business isn't about fairness. It just was a good move for Microsoft to launch the 360 a year earlier and they have clearly hurt Sony with it.