By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's wrong with Microsoft?

Chris Hu said:
Osc89 said:
Chris Hu said:

Your the one that is wrong for not comprehending basic facts and basic math no matter how you want to slice it the fact still remains they launched 11 month and 19 days apart end of story.

So a console that is selling in just US and Japan should sell as much software as a console selling in US, Europe and Japan?

Who cares how much sofware they should sell the basic fact is still that they launched 11 month and 19 days apart I guess you can't comprehend basic math either.

You know what else is basic math? Take the software sales of each console and divide by days that console has been out, and guess what? The PS3 has sold more per day than the 360. (This also works for weeks, months, years, any unit of time you can think of).

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
Chris Hu said:
Osc89 said:
Chris Hu said:

Your the one that is wrong for not comprehending basic facts and basic math no matter how you want to slice it the fact still remains they launched 11 month and 19 days apart end of story.

So a console that is selling in just US and Japan should sell as much software as a console selling in US, Europe and Japan?

Who cares how much sofware they should sell the basic fact is still that they launched 11 month and 19 days apart I guess you can't comprehend basic math either.

You know what else is basic math? Take the software sales of each console and divide by days that console has been out, and guess what? The PS3 has sold more per day than the 360. (This also works for weeks, months, years, any unit of time you can think of).

And this doesn't even factor in the several regions that launch much later than the nearly 1 year difference 2 of the main 3 did.

But he doesn't seem to want to think logically at all.

I guess we will all just have to live with the fact the Nintendo virtual boy is better than the Xbox one and ps4 because it has sold more games *sighs while rolling eyes*

The haters on this site are too funny. "I used to be a 360 fan and now I am a PS3 fan" tells the whole story. By saying this, you admit that you are not a fan at all. You like gaming and you play the system that has the most games that match your needs. When you started playing the PS3 to catch up on the PS3 exclusives from its first couple of years, it made sense to buy the multi plats on it too. Were the multi plats better on the PS3? Most people would admit that they were NOT. Gaming is more about habits than anything.

I bought the PS3 at launch and used it primarily as a bluray player for its first 2-3 years. Then a number of games that interested me came along and it got plenty of use. But my 360 always had a number of titles that reeled me back in. I always bought multiplats on the 360 because I liked the controller better.

One other thing that seems to have been left off this thread out of convenience for the Sony fans. Every thread about how many total system sales always blasts M$ for all of the RROD 360s. If the number was as big as many believe(10 Million), it only makes the software ratios for the PS3 that much worse. Again proving that the reason you buy the system is for games, yet the PS fans don't do what they claim is the problem with the XB1. Every thread about any additional feature on the XB1 that isn't game related the Sony fans go nuts about how the system isn't for games. Yet when you look at what people who buy xboxes do, they play the shit out of GAMES.

Frequency said:
Osc89 said:
Chris Hu said:

And this doesn't even factor in the several regions that launch much later than the nearly 1 year difference 2 of the main 3 did.

But he doesn't seem to want to think logically at all.

I guess we will all just have to live with the fact the Nintendo virtual boy is better than the Xbox one and ps4 because it has sold more games *sighs while rolling eyes*

Yeah, I never really get why people will deny things even when clearly presented with the facts. If he wants to discuss something positive regarding 360 software sales he can just talk about the tie ratios like landguy mentioned. But sticking with something like this is strange (and if he made a mistake it's no big deal, he should just say and move on).

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Frequency said:
Chrizum said:

The 360 will be supported through 2014, which translates to a nine-year old lifespan. 360 was an excellent investment for any gamer.

Look at Nintendo for ditching their userbase at any given time. I love Nintendo but buying their consoles is always a gamble from a value point of view.

Psst, in November 2014 it will be 8 years since the console launched.

Also thanks to their poor reliability launch 360s and PS3's were only an excellent investment for a small minority.

I had it right... November 2005 - November 2014 = 9 years.

Reliability is an entirely diferent issue although I agree that both the 360 and PS3 dropped the ball there.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Frequency said:
Chrizum said:

The 360 will be supported through 2014, which translates to a nine-year old lifespan. 360 was an excellent investment for any gamer.

Look at Nintendo for ditching their userbase at any given time. I love Nintendo but buying their consoles is always a gamble from a value point of view.

Also thanks to their poor reliability launch 360s and PS3's were only an excellent investment for a small minority.

Reliability is an entirely diferent issue although I agree that both the 360 and PS3 dropped the ball there.

Yeah my bad, was thinking ps3 launch date and got mixed up.

Wow, 9 years till a new system, kinda makes you feel old if you were there from launch. Certainly doesn't feel like 9 years

J_Allard said:
fatslob-:O said:
Chris Hu said:

How can you say about the same for the PS3 when its currently in sixth place when it comes to software to console ratio and miles behind when it comes to both digital sales and overall digital content.

Like i said, the PS3 can sell with less software and more quality consistent software to boot. That is how gamers found the PS3 more valuable than the 360.

It's not hard math y'know. PS3 sales > 360 sales :P

Wii sales > PS3 sales.

I guess you can stop badmouthing Nintendo's support, apparently customers loved it.

Also, if customers are flocking to PS3 for this supposed support advantage and it's all about these games, why doesn't the PS3 have a higher tie-in ratio?

And if these higher PS3 sales are a result of this supposed end game support, why was PS3 on pace to outsell the 360 from day one?

Seems you're using some irrelevant sales data to paint a pretty picture for your theory, since reality certainly doesn't support it. But as someone else said, you don't even own the console you're trying to talk about. So that just makes it adorable.

The reality is gamers would rather a PS3 than a 360, is that too hard for you to understand ? 

BTW nintendo's support was pretty much ass past 2010 with the wii and those sales prove it. 

The reason why sony doesn't have a higher software ratio is either because they screwed up and or can do with less software like the wii did. 

Frequency said:
Chrizum said:
Frequency said:
Chrizum said:

Yeah my bad, was thinking ps3 launch date and got mixed up.

Wow, 9 years till a new system, kinda makes you feel old if you were there from launch. Certainly doesn't feel like 9 years

This was the best console generation for gamers ever. Whichever console you owned, there was so much to enjoy. Long lifespans of consoles. Visually stunning games. The return of 2D gaming. Multiplayer. Indie games.

It was amazing. I really doubt next gen will be as exciting.

bugrimmar said:

It seems like they've let go of the ball again. They let go of their original Xbox owners far too quickly, and it looks like they're letting the millions of 360 owners hang out to dry again. Is it company policy to "move on" from a console generation when they feel like they can't grab momentum anymore?

I think that this is precisely why Sony has overtaken them this generation despite having the 1 year lead and the PS3 launch fiasco. They, as a company, don't seem to support their customers for the long term (at least in the gaming side). I think that they should reverse this trend they're making and keep on supporting older consoles if they want to build a better brand image. The PS3 is ahead now simply because of the continued releases of big games (GT6 soon baby) and the continued focus on creation of new IPs.

Next generation, if Microsoft pulls the plug early again, I think that consumers will probably migrate away from them.

lolwut? The original XBox was let go because MS made a bad deal and was losing $200+ on each console towards the end of It's life span. You know how they said Jesus died for your sins? Well Bill Gates bled money to give the world the original XBox. Microsoft spent quite a bit just to barely beat Gamecube in sales, you owe Microsoft thanks.

The 360 was on the market for 8 years  before the X1 will be released. I am so tired of people saying MS threw in the towel. Give me a god damn break.

Also, I abosoutely love how this is not posted in the Microsoft forum.  Hmm.

It's just that simple.

Machiavellian said:
fatslob-:O said:
J_Allard said:
Lets pretend for a second that your "MS abandoned the 360" theory is true (it isn't, but lets pretend). How is that the reason the PS3 ended up outselling it? Since the very day the PS3 launched it was on pace to outsell the 360.

That said, I don't have an issue with a company pushing games back for a new console. I wish Sony held GT6 off for PS4. And I am glad Ryse was changed.

I guess microsoft and nintendo don't intend to please the rest of their customers who bought the console late then. There is a reason gamers trust sony all around when it comes to supporting their consoles for a long lifespan and that in turn just gives them more reason to stick with sony rather than the rest of the console manufacturers. BTW GT6 for the PS3 was a smarter idea seeing as how the PS4's install base would have being an issue. 

Can we say that Sony was in a great position to support the PS1` and 2 because they sold boatloads.  How long did Sony first part support the PS2 after the PS3 hit the market.  How many titles will Sony first Party commit to the PS3 when the PS4 hit the market this year.  Also, MS has not stopped producing games for the 360 or getting games on their XBLA.  We also do not know how many games MS studios will bring to the 360 next year so this thread is a little premature.

Here's something pretty big about sony supporting the PS3, it's getting GT6!

That in itself is pretty generous of sony considering they could have pushed it to the PS4 but instead they decided that it was a smarter idea to give it to the PS3.