By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It took Nintendo 6 months to remaster Wind Waker in HD

Can they do a HD Remaster of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn on Wii U? I can wait six months for that

Around the Network

I just can imagine what they can do with the Zelda Wii U!
Let their creativity be...

Was this a knee jerk reaction to the massive falls in sales after the holiday season? I kinda get the impression it was. Still the game is beautiful, it puts most of last gens games to shame even if its a 6 month job

Announced 23rd of jan, released october 4th.
At the time of announcement the game was already in a presentable state to show it off for the announcement, so what we are looking at is a minimum of 9 months from announcement to release, if they claim 6 months total to develop and we assume that the game was roughly half done when announced, that still leaves 6 months between completion and release, so you really have to wonder just why the hell Nintendo are dragging their heels so much for a console that is starved of games.

I love the game

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Frequency said:

At the time of announcement the game was already in a presentable state to show it off for the announcement, so what we are looking at is a minimum of 9 months from announcement to release, if they claim 6 months total to develop and we assume that the game was roughly half done when announced, that still leaves 6 months between completion and release, so you really have to wonder just why the hell Nintendo are dragging their heels so much for a console that is starved of games.

Actually it released Sept 20 and games are completed before they release. In january I believe they only showed a few screenshots so it might not even of been in full development yet. Also he says ABOUT 6 months, just a general timeframe so it could easily have been 1-2 months extra.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I simply love this game. It's in my TOP 3 Zelda Games of all time now. And I'm still not finished.

Frequency said:

Could be that they had something else to work on within that time space. That's something we can't ever find out unless they tell us.
Or they finished it several months ago and just waited for a pre-holiday release instead of a Summer release.

Impressive. I'll get this one sometime next year. I hope they remaster other classics as well.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

It's probably because they put more than 2 people on it... stupid Square

Anyway, they've done a really good job from what I can see. It make me half tempted to buy a Wii U just for this game