By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It took Nintendo 6 months to remaster Wind Waker in HD

benao87 said:
Darc Requiem said:

Can they do a HD Remaster of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn on Wii U? I can wait six months for that

Oh, that would make me buy a WiiU.

They could just upres the graphics a la MH3U and slap 'em together for $40. I would do backflips into the next county.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
They should remaster all the big Wii tiles, like MARIO GALLAXY and others.

This is exactly why Nintendo refuses to acknowledge GC and Wii games for the eShop.

burninmylight said:
Angelv577 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
6 months, This only shows it was a milking attempt by Nintendo in my opinion

not to mention the high price they are charging for a single remaster, 49.99 for a single game when sony charged 39.99 for two games, sometimes 3 games.  

Sony's HD remasters like the Sly Cooper and GOW collections took old games and uprezzed them. Nintendo took Wind Waker and actually remade the entire game for Wii U. Not the same.

The entire game was not remade. Some texures were retouched, but mainly the visual difference is achieved through the lighting system. Content wise,  ontent cut and 2 added items does not make it a remake.

Not to take anything away from Nintendo though, WWHD is definitely the most impressive HD remaster we've seen.

burninmylight said:
WagnerPaiva said:

This is exactly why Nintendo refuses to acknowledge GC and Wii games for the eShop.

Count me in baby, I never had a Wii, so, this kind of stuff is a turn on for me, keep the HD remasters coming and I will buy a WiiU. But, for the love of God, put a Hard Drive in it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

If they put out games like WW then I have no problem what so ever with Nintendo "milking it" atleast they release quality....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
burninmylight said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Count me in baby, I never had a Wii, so, this kind of stuff is a turn on for me, keep the HD remasters coming and I will buy a WiiU. But, for the love of God, put a Hard Drive in it.

Cheaper to buy your own.

I always hated internal HD's on consoles.  Its just a way companies can rip you off.  They add 50 gigs and charge $50.

It rediculous.  

Awesome. Now tell that team to sit down and make Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. They may even spend 9 months on it. The moment Wii U gets Mario Kart U, X and Metroid Prime U or Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, I'm gonna get the console.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Never played the original because I wasn't interested in it at the time but now, I convinced myself, I need to experience this game!!

At this rate, we could get 2 HD remakes a year!! With Miiverse functionality and online play. Can't wait to see what other HD ports will be coming!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

I bet it's only a matter time to see HD remake of Super Mario Sunshine in the future. They could start today and have it easily ready by Christmas 2014. Maybe Luigi's Mansion could be another possibility for HD remake too.

People are complaing about the remake costing $50? It doesn't make it right but do you people have any idea how many times Nintendo released the original SMB!? That's kind of their thing. They make these games that are timeless classics like Disney movies. They sell them again and again because people love them. There's a reason why Nintendo's first party games usually retain their value when everything else is in the bargain bin.

Personally, I fired up Wind Waker (Gamecube version) in my Wii this morning just to see if I noticed any improvements. There are so many subtle differences that I think it's the best re-release ever. Message in bottles, good camera control, off screen mode, touch screen additions, etc. I thought OoT on the 3DS was a great remake. Wind Waker kills it! The definitive version for me.