By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia GTX Titan Ultra possibly being prepped

And thats going to be my next GPU :)

Around the Network

Yeah, that's great. Now what about Maxwell?

Well... based on the rumours, leaks and specs, AMD's R9 290X kills the Titan and will cost nearly half the price... I think I will either go with AMD's R9 since its suppose to be coming out soon or Nvidia's Maxwell...

AMD's drivers are usually not up to par with Nvidia but its Mantle thing might change that

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AMD is going to continue to dominate the market with the new R9 series. Nvidia will have to cut prices to compete.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well... based on the rumours, leaks and specs, AMD's R9 290X kills the Titan and will cost nearly half the price... I think I will either go with AMD's R9 since its suppose to be coming out soon or Nvidia's Maxwell...

AMD's drivers are usually not up to par with Nvidia but its Mantle thing might change that

R9 290X was spotted to "cost" 729,99$, and that was for referent design model.

Around the Network

Would like a decent card for $500-600. GTX780 isn't enough for me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202042

When ever they start selling them they will go fast. Comes with Battlefield 4.

Tom3k said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

R9 290X was spotted to "cost" 729,99$, and that was for referent design model.

Titan Costs over $1000 with some used to being $1100+ and Titan Ultra might cost 1200+ knowning Nvidia's greed... 

Also it was spotted doesn't mean that it is the actual retail price... Usually those things are a place holder and there are plently of rumours saying it might cost lower...

Also $300+ is still a giant difference when you look at the performance

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

CGI-Quality said:
ultima said:
Yeah, that's great. Now what about Maxwell?

2014. No need to shell that out when the comp is no where close to offering anything remotely similar.

You greatly underestimate AMD.

It will also be available for the rock bottom steal of a price! Only ~$1,200 each!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!