By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia GTX Titan Ultra possibly being prepped

great ! so how much 2000 bucks ?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
zarx said:
CGI-Quality said:
ultima said:
Yeah, that's great. Now what about Maxwell?

2014. No need to shell that out when the comp is no where close to offering anything remotely similar.

It's more that 20nm yeilds are no where near where they need to be. Nvidia are actually behind the tech curve in several ways (no DX11.2 support) compared to AMD.

Yeah, but things won't remain that way. I'd be willing to bet they're holding back more than just a case of being unprepared.

It's more the fabs weren't prepared and Maxwell was designed with 20nm in mind so there is really no way for them to put cards out any time soon . Not if they want decent margins anyway. It's the same reason that Fermi was late. Tho even if 20nm was ready Nvidia probably would have refreshed Kepler anyway (tho it would have been nice if they could have jumped to 20nm with it) so as to get a better ROI off the architecture. They are pretty much locked into a tick tock cycle these days anyway. It's just that they delays in new die stepping has pushed their schedule out quite a bit.

I just hope that they don't have to delay too much for yeilds to improve, I want Maxwell out before The Witcher 3 so I can enjoy that at it's best lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!