By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does the Wii U have more better graphics then the PS4?

Can developers make way more better looking graphics on the Wii U, then the PS4 (after you read the OP) ?

Yes 680 35.70%

No 818 42.94%

See results 396 20.79%

Total:1,894
Kaizar said:

walsufnir said:
The CPU part alone has so many errors... I couldn't real all of this crap.

Point is, who can make their systems graphics look better as developers have more time with it, and only the Wii U will continue to look better while the PS4 & ONE will continue being capable of only the same looking graphics as they can do in the first year.

Several years from now, only the Wii U will continue to have its own graphics continue to look better in newer games.

Although, like all of your posts, this is wrong, the WiiU can get better graphics for years and won't ever reach PS4 or Xbone technically. I am not talking about art - perhaps WiiU gets games that might look on par or better because of artstyle but technically it just can't. It is just inferior hardware but who cares anyway?

Around the Network

Only about as much as the PS2 is more powerful than Wii U.

Does the OP not know that 'more better' isn't grammatically correct?

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

wii U sure does not...

but..

i could easily get confused if say X or Mario kart 8 was on par ps4 graphics.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

I voted yes, and I didn't even read the ridiculously long and weirdly spaced text.

Around the Network

The CPU has almost absolutely nothing to do with the graphics performance of a game console so what exactly was achieved from this thread ?

The OP is actually a moderately interesting read even if I don't know enough tech speak to be able to determine if it's simply a logical presentation of factually incorrect information.

The Wii U needs at least one stellar looking game before we can get a feel for how much the differences in hardware are born out in the end product. It's had good-looking games (e.g. Pikmin 3) but nothing, I suspect, that has really pushed the hardware. At the end of the day, all analysis aside, the proof will be in the pudding.

walsufnir said:
Kaizar said:

walsufnir said:

Point is, who can make their systems graphics look better as developers have more time with it, and only the Wii U will continue to look better while the PS4 & ONE will continue being capable of only the same looking graphics as they can do in the first year.

Several years from now, only the Wii U will continue to have its own graphics continue to look better in newer games.

Although, like all of your posts, this is wrong, the WiiU can get better graphics for years and won't ever reach PS4 or Xbone technically. I am not talking about art - perhaps WiiU gets games that might look on par or better because of artstyle but technically it just can't. It is just inferior hardware but who cares anyway?

I wasn't claiming the graphics are better.

I was stating that only the Wii U will continue to look more better to its older games as time goes by, while the PS4 & ONE will continue to look the same as what their doing now.

New Wii U games will look better then old ones, but the other systems won't have these improvements visually for their own system of new vs. old games for the same system.

Kaizar said:
walsufnir said:
Kaizar said:

walsufnir said:

I was stating that only the Wii U will continue to look more better to its older games as time goes by, while the PS4 & ONE will continue to look the same as what their doing now.

New Wii U games will look better then old ones, but the other systems won't have these improvements visually for their own system of new vs. old games for the same system.

And still you are wrong. Of course the graphics will improve, also on PS4 and Xbone. Devkits get better, engines evolve, devs find new ways/algorithms for showing nice effects or how to save cycles, better occlusion culling...

walsufnir said:
Kaizar said:
walsufnir said:
Kaizar said:

walsufnir said:

And still you are wrong. Of course the graphics will improve, also on PS4 and Xbone. Devkits get better, engines evolve, devs find new ways/algorithms for showing nice effects or how to save cycles, better occlusion culling...

Well, just as long as you have read the entire OP, then ok.

I just thought the x86 architecture Or whatever, was interesting to have a discussion about.