By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10 Nintendo Fails

Somini said:
Kresnik said:
I was pretty amused when I started the video and saw what was at #10. I guess it just goes to show how much the console has changed in the past year-and-a-bit.

Plenty of rightful blunders in here. Although I agree, losing Square shouldn't have been an entry on its own.

Goes to show you how important Square-Enix once was. Ahhh Final Fantasy *runs off to sob quitely in a corner*

But it kinda lumps together with the point "sticking with cartridges for the N64", losing Squaresoft was a direct consequence of that move.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

*Sees the video was made in 2011 and the size of the dislike bar.*

BRB, going on an adventure.

Love and tolerate.

My number 1:

Nintendo - Tie between N64 cartridges and dropping Wii concept for WiiU

(MS - X360 RRoD
Sony - PS3)

here is also on they did on sony and microsoft 

I actually agree with some of these points. BUT!

10. By the time this video was released, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D, etc were out and the 3DS was selling well. Not to mention that all the other problems they mentioned were, as mentioned, solved by then, with the exception of battery life, which isn't all that bad.

9. Nintendo made the perfect 2004 console in the same way Sony and Microsoft made the perfect 2008/9 console. If one wants to attack Nintendo for the Wii's weakness, they have to consider what 2006 was like.

8. Online play was not a huge deal in 2001, so its omission to keep prices down was acceptable. Likewise, cutting DVD playback probably cut GameCube costs by $50 or $100. Nintendo offered a powerful console for a moderate cost. If being a dedicated console as early as 2001 is wrong, why bother being right?

7. I can see their point. At least Nintendo could have made a boring colored model without the handle.

6. Censorship. Once again, they have a point.

5. This is part of the cartridge issue, so I'll go back to it later.

4. CARTRIDGES WERE THE BEST CHOICE IN THE MID-90's!!!!! I have little patience for the long loading times of PlayStation games. Few games, when you took away the bloated cutscenes and video footage, really needed CD's worth of space. Cartridges were harder to pirate. CD-ROMs of the time were scratched if you look at them funny. It may be a decade and a half late, but I still am annoyed that optical media was the popular choice.

3. Yeah, that thing could have been good, but it wasn't.

2. ...this was made by another company. I guess you can also throw in the Super Mario Bros movie and call this number "trusting other companies with your IP's."

1. Yeah, that was such a big deal, I made a timeline about it.

Anyone willing to make a better version of this list?

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

I stopped watching at 3DS. No point listening to anything else on the list.

Even if it is old, they never gave it a chance obviously.

Somini said:
Nem said:
forest-spirit said:
Nem said:
lol the 3DS a failure. Check back with us in two weeks when pokemon launches. :)

To be fair this is an old video, and back then the 3DS was sort of a failure.

Maybe for the general impatient populace, but i never thought the 3DS was ever in any danger to be a failure. A console's fate is not written in 6 months.

Were you asleep in those months? The whole internet, gamers and the industry was thinking that. Not just the impatient ones. People like to play the doom card pretty fast.

Even Nintendo believes so. That's why the rushed MK7 and did a 30% price cut.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I agree with all but 10.

ListerOfSmeg said:
I stopped watching at 3DS. No point listening to anything else on the list.

Even if it is old, they never gave it a chance obviously.

He has done 10 ten fails on all consoles, he was very fair imo.

I agree with all of these points.

Some of the arguments used to support them are weak, or incomplete, but these definitely constitute fails of one kind or another.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.