By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10 Nintendo Fails

RedInker said:
Seriously. What were Nntendo smoking when they came up with the virtual boy?

The Gunpei baby the gunpei.

I dunno it might have worked.. Had Yamauchi not pushed the poor man to get it out there

Around the Network
Somini said:
BasilZero said:

10. Yes for the price and 1st year

9. 75% Agree, 25% disagree

8. No for myself, yes for business wise - completely agree with the online

7.  No

6. Yes

5. Yes

4. Yes

3. Yes. As useless as PSPGo

2. Yes. Ok something worse than the PSPGo and Virtual Boy

1. No. This was a good thing imo - brought better competition than what Sega could offer.

Number one was good for the industry, true. But surely NOT for Nintendo. It was their biggest mistake by far.

Yes its always a mistake for a company to not hand all of their IPs over to another company. Just look at how often Sony gives MS its first party properties....

Some people... Their mistake was trying to partner with Sony at all, not continuing a partnership that would have given Sony rights to every single one of their IPs

think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
I stopped watching at 3DS. No point listening to anything else on the list.

Even if it is old, they never gave it a chance obviously.

He has done 10 ten fails on all consoles, he was very fair imo.

I never said he wasnt fair to other console but when you are calling a successful system a failure 6 months after launch, you obviously werent being fair to that platform at all.

Would you consider it fair if I made a list and PS4 was number 1 even though it hasnt released yet? Of course not. Who would.

Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes but calling the number 1 platform in sales every month now a failure last year just shows you were rushing and didnt give it time.

ListerOfSmeg said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

I never said he wasnt fair to other console but when you are calling a successful system a failure 6 months after launch, you obviously werent being fair to that platform at all.

Would you consider it fair if I made a list and PS4 was number 1 even though it hasnt released yet? Of course not. Who would.

Nintendo has made a lot of mistakes but calling the number 1 platform in sales every month now a failure last year just shows you were rushing and didnt give it time.

But the 3DS had already been out nearly a year when he made this video, so the Ps4 arguement in invalid. He couldn't look into this magic crystal and see it was going to do better. If the list was done today the 3DS wouldnt appear it would probably be the WiiU sitting at tenth rather than the 3DS.

Boy, this video is quite old. I thought this thread was going to be an updated "Article." Guess I expected too much.

Anyhow, most of what is said is true. I've seen this video several (for some reason) so I can pretty much remember what is said in it.

Around the Network
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
think-man said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

But the 3DS had already been out nearly a year when he made this video, so the Ps4 arguement in invalid. He couldn't look into this magic crystal and see it was going to do better. If the list was done today the 3DS wouldnt appear it would probably be the WiiU sitting at tenth rather than the 3DS.

But he could look into his crystal ball and see it would never get better? I just dont see that as a valid argument honestly. Respect your opinion I just dont agree with it

ListerOfSmeg said:
think-man said:

But he could look into his crystal ball and see it would never get better? I just dont see that as a valid argument honestly. Respect your opinion I just dont agree with it

Fair enough see what you wish.

Yeah outdated vid and nothing too surprising on the list esp if you've been following the industry for the last 30 years (the guy had never heard of virtual boy??? man Im getting old).

kowenicki said:
10. no
9. yes
8. yes
7. yes
6. yes
5. no
4. no
3. ohhhhhhh yes
2. no
1. no

Lol #1 no? What state of denial are you in?? They got massacred for in the 5th and 6th gens thanks to this, recovered in the 7th obviously, but are looking crappy again for the 8th...if they hadn't made this massive blunder they could have had a virtual monopoly over gaming. 

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Number 1 should be not using Discs on the N64, they lost all their third party support from that.

That's huge but not as big as inadvertantly creating the Playstation.