By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida: No Comment on 3DS Competition; Aims to Boost PS Vita With Games and PS4 Remote Play

osed125 said:
Pavolink said:
iamdeath said:

I bet you change your tune on the wii-u when the Ps4 and x1 blow past it right?

I have always said Wii U is flopping.

???

What it have to do that with Vita doing poorly and been outselled with high ratios? Stay on topic.

When you don't know how to answer, you point to stuff that have no relation. That's how most arguments on the internet are. 

I guess so. Which in the end is bad as that just show how oversensitive people can be.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

This battle is already lost.

What Sony can do now is make the Vita at leas sell more... games and features can help that... I will get one soon.

As close as you can get to conceding defeat right there, and quite a turn around from the jackassery Sony spouted about the DS and the Wii back in the day.

Ok, so they want to make the Vita more attractive to consumers, great for them! More excellent games needed you say? Sure, go ahead. An extremely difficult task when you consider the increasing hardware deficit vs. the 3DS (which apparently they are not to concerned about anyway), but sure. Are Sony planning to 'go Nintendo' and support their device primarily with 1st party software? If so, best of luck to you.

So, more likely in my mind they are banking their Vita strategy on piggy-backing off the PS4. That the added value they are talking about comes from PS4 connectivity. Not sure how likely that is, but they have to say something I guess. What I wouldn't ever say if I was Sony though is how the Vita and PS4 are design with each other in mind. The Vita in both concept and execution is currently thoroughly rejected by the market, why would you want to imply that the PS4 is designed with this rejected concept in mind?

VGC drama.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Pavolink said:
iamdeath said:
Pavolink said:
Well, their portable is been crushed with astronimical ratios (47:1) in the past weeks in Japan. Nothing good can be said. Same happen with Nintendo and Wii. At first they showed proudly the sales, but now they try to hide as much as possible.

I bet you change your tune on the wii-u when the Ps4 and x1 blow past it right?

???

What it have to do that with Vita doing poorly and been outselled with high ratios? Stay on topic.

OT: Yup, this thread totally went to hell.

HappyD needs to control his temper but he doesn't deserve to get ganged up on like this. He's not wrong in wanting to discuss the part about the competition and the 3DS, and he never ever said that that's all we are allowed to discuss.

Yoshida wants Vita to grow and no matter how you look at it the 3DS will affect that progress. Likewise, mentioning mobile games would also be on-topic as it's another obstacle for Vita. Seriously, if Nintendo talked about how they wanted to improve on the Wii U situation there sure as hell would be mention of PS4 and Xbone, and that would not be off-topic.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Pavolink said:

???

HappyD needs to control his temper but he doesn't deserve to get ganged up on like this. He's not wrong in wanting to discuss the part about the competition and the 3DS, and he never ever said that that's all we are allowed to discuss.

Yoshida wants Vita to grow and no matter how you look at it the 3DS will affect that progress. Likewise, mentioning mobile games would also be on-topic as it's another obstacle for Vita. Seriously, if Nintendo talked about how they wanted to improve on the Wii U situation there sure as hell would be mention of PS4 and Xbone, and that would not be off-topic.

HappyD wanted to discuss Sony not seeing the 3ds as competition. Yet Sony didnt ever say that. They didnt even suggest it. Not in the OP not ever. Bringing up the 3DS is fine but thats not why people said HappyD is off point.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

LOL, nintendo fans sure are sensitive these days.

pokoko said:

The only thing I'm going to do is to conclude that you have a poor understanding of written english and that you wanted to turn this into an ugly epeen fight.  Yoshida--you know, the person being interviewed--wasn't talking about the 3DS, he was talking about the Vita.  That makes the Vita the subject.  Do  you  understand  now?  If a person attempts, in the very OP, to make this a flame war with an unwarranted negative comment about Yoshida, then yes, I'm going to say that they're trying to twist what was said.

No, you are wrong. The question asked to Yoshida that started this whole thread mentioned catching up to the 3DS and Yoshida rejected the idea.

So not only did you misunderstand, but you are saying that I misunderstood, which is ridiculous but I fear you will never own up. It's okay, I'm used to it now.

Shinobi-san said:
forest-spirit said:
Pavolink said:

???

HappyD wanted to discuss Sony not seeing the 3ds as competition. Yet Sony didnt ever say that. They didnt even suggest it. Not in the OP not ever. Bringing up the 3DS is fine but thats not why people said HappyD is off point.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-3ds-and-ps-vita-aren-t-competing-211565.phtml

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/10/ps-vita-is-not-competing-with-3ds-or-ipad/

impertinence said:
Shinobi-san said:
forest-spirit said:
Pavolink said:

???

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-3ds-and-ps-vita-aren-t-competing-211565.phtml

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/10/ps-vita-is-not-competing-with-3ds-or-ipad/

The one article's title is misleading, Koller doesnt say that PSV isnt in competition with the 3DS. Doesnt even mention the 3DS!

And the other article has no source. Theres also no direct quote from Hiroshi Kawano....

Never the less im sure if you look harder you could probably find an actual article where Sony does downplay the competition.

Andperhaps i was wrong to say that Sony never said it. However Yoshida certainly isnt saying that in the OP which is what HappyD was arguing.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|