By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida: No Comment on 3DS Competition; Aims to Boost PS Vita With Games and PS4 Remote Play

How about they boost the VITA by making it more useful when I'm at home.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Shinobi-san said:

You keep saying sony doesnt see Nintendo as competition etc. But nothing Yoshida said in OP even remotely comes close to what you were saying.

He's got to know that.  He has to know that.  NO ONE can be that poor at reading comprehension.  He's just trying to turn this into a thread where he can hold the 3DS up while dogging the Vita.  There exists no other rational explaination.  The context of what Yoshida was saying, that it does them no good to worry about the 3DS at that point, is as plain as day.

We're just looking at a guy who wants to flame the Vita no matter what.

@bold. And how in the world did you figure that out? Did you read my mind? Do you have a crystal ball?

You made a mistake to say that the posts that mentioned the 3DS competition were off topic. Own up to it, and help iamdeath to better his participation on the forum and I will be happy.

happydolphin said:
Shinobi-san said:

The thread did go to shit and a lot of your posts were indeed off topic.

You keep saying sony doesnt see Nintendo as competition etc. But nothing Yoshida said in OP even remotely comes close to what you were saying.

If you look at OP it's quite clear that Shuhei is completely ignoring the 3DS as a competitor. When asked directly what his answer to the sales discrepancy between the Vita and the 3DS and what he will do to remedy it, he completely side-stepped the question and went on to explain how the Vita will make its own way regardless of what the 3DS does.

HOW IS TALKING ABOUT THAT OFF TOPIC?

He didnt dodge the question. He answered it in a very smart way actually.

"We dont necessarily talk about catching up to the 3DS"

Somehow you interepretted that as "Sony doesnt consider the 3DS as competition to VITA"

Thats beyond me. Its beyond Euphoria. Its beyond Pokoko. You reading into things and drawing conclusions that arent there to be drawn. And you took the whole thread with you.

That is exactly why alot of your posts (not all mind you) were off topic.

Its either that or like Pokoko said you jus generally have bad comprehension.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

iamdeath said:
Pavolink said:
Well, their portable is been crushed with astronimical ratios (47:1) in the past weeks in Japan. Nothing good can be said. Same happen with Nintendo and Wii. At first they showed proudly the sales, but now they try to hide as much as possible.

I bet you change your tune on the wii-u when the Ps4 and x1 blow past it right?

I have always said Wii U is flopping.

???

What it have to do that with Vita doing poorly and been outselled with high ratios? Stay on topic.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

pokoko said:
Shinobi-san said:

He's got to know that.  He has to know that.  NO ONE can be that poor at reading comprehension.  He's just trying to turn this into a thread where he can hold the 3DS up while dogging the Vita.  There exists no other rational explaination.  The context of what Yoshida was saying, that it does them no good to worry about the 3DS at that point, is as plain as day.

lol guess so.

Happydolphin tends to do this though so im not sure if he purposefully does it or if he generally just brings a lot of baggage to the thread and that affects hes ability to discuss rationally.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:

Somehow you interepretted that as "Sony doesnt consider the 3DS as competition to VITA"

Thats beyond me. Its beyond Euphoria. Its beyond Pokoko. You reading into things and drawing conclusions that arent there to be drawn. And you took the whole thread with you.

If they are not catching up to the 3DS, and broadening their install base, unless I sorely misunderstood, doesn't that mean that they are expanding in a different direction?

If they are not catching up to the 3DS, doesn't that mean that they are not following the same path?

It may just be a completely ambiguous way to word it because catching up is figuratively from "running behind" someone. If you're not "running behind" someone, doesn't that mean that you're going in a different direction?

Maybe this was all a big clusterfuck just because the answer was ambiguous and we all understood it in very different ways.

happydolphin said:
Shinobi-san said:

If they are not catching up to the 3DS, and broadening their install base, unless I sorely misunderstood, doesn't that mean that they are expanding in a different direction?

If they are not catching up to the 3DS, doesn't that mean that they are not following the same path?

It may just be a completely ambiguous way to word it because catching up is figuratively from "running behind" someone. If you're not "running behind" someone, doesn't that mean that you're going in a different direction?

Maybe this was all a big clusterfuck just because the answer was ambiguous and we all understood it in very different ways.

Try again maybe?

happydolphin said:
pokoko said:

@bold. And how in the world did you figure that out? Did you read my mind? Do you have a crystal ball?

You made a mistake to say that the posts that mentioned the 3DS competition were off topic. Own up to it, and help iamdeath to better his participation on the forum and I will be happy.

The only thing I'm going to do is to conclude that you have a poor understanding of written english and that you wanted to turn this into an ugly epeen fight.  Yoshida--you know, the person being interviewed--wasn't talking about the 3DS, he was talking about the Vita.  That makes the Vita the subject.  Do  you  understand  now?  If a person attempts, in the very OP, to make this a flame war with an unwarranted negative comment about Yoshida, then yes, I'm going to say that they're trying to twist what was said.

Pavolink said:
iamdeath said:

I bet you change your tune on the wii-u when the Ps4 and x1 blow past it right?

I have always said Wii U is flopping.

???

What it have to do that with Vita doing poorly and been outselled with high ratios? Stay on topic.

When you don't know how to answer, you point to stuff that have no relation. That's how most arguments on the internet are. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

pokoko said:
happydolphin said:
pokoko said:

The only thing I'm going to do is to conclude that you have a poor understanding of written english and that you wanted to turn this into an ugly epeen fight.  Yoshida--you know, the person being interviewed--wasn't talking about the 3DS, he was talking about the Vita.  That makes the Vita the subject.  Do  you  understand  now?  If a person attempts, in the very OP, to make this a flame war with an unwarranted negative comment about Yoshida, then yes, I'm going to say that they're trying to twist what was said.

Harsh Pokoko XD

Very harsh.