By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida: No Comment on 3DS Competition; Aims to Boost PS Vita With Games and PS4 Remote Play

Shinobi-san said:
forest-spirit said:
Pavolink said:

I have always said Wii U is flopping.

???

What it have to do that with Vita doing poorly and been outselled with high ratios? Stay on topic.

OT: Yup, this thread totally went to hell.

HappyD needs to control his temper but he doesn't deserve to get ganged up on like this. He's not wrong in wanting to discuss the part about the competition and the 3DS, and he never ever said that that's all we are allowed to discuss.

Yoshida wants Vita to grow and no matter how you look at it the 3DS will affect that progress. Likewise, mentioning mobile games would also be on-topic as it's another obstacle for Vita. Seriously, if Nintendo talked about how they wanted to improve on the Wii U situation there sure as hell would be mention of PS4 and Xbone, and that would not be off-topic.

HappyD wanted to discuss Sony not seeing the 3ds as competition. Yet Sony didnt ever say that. They didnt even suggest it. Not in the OP not ever. Bringing up the 3DS is fine but thats not why people said HappyD is off point.

That's how he interpreted that sentence and he explained why. He didn't go off-topic.

Around the Network

Whydid I even post in this drivel, damn, it's like a train wreck, it's not pretty, but yuo can't help it.

forest-spirit said:
Shinobi-san said:
forest-spirit said:
Pavolink said:

I have always said Wii U is flopping.

???

What it have to do that with Vita doing poorly and been outselled with high ratios? Stay on topic.

OT: Yup, this thread totally went to hell.

HappyD needs to control his temper but he doesn't deserve to get ganged up on like this. He's not wrong in wanting to discuss the part about the competition and the 3DS, and he never ever said that that's all we are allowed to discuss.

Yoshida wants Vita to grow and no matter how you look at it the 3DS will affect that progress. Likewise, mentioning mobile games would also be on-topic as it's another obstacle for Vita. Seriously, if Nintendo talked about how they wanted to improve on the Wii U situation there sure as hell would be mention of PS4 and Xbone, and that would not be off-topic.

HappyD wanted to discuss Sony not seeing the 3ds as competition. Yet Sony didnt ever say that. They didnt even suggest it. Not in the OP not ever. Bringing up the 3DS is fine but thats not why people said HappyD is off point.

That's how he interpreted that sentence and he explained why. He didn't go off-topic.

That why people Pokoko pointed out that hes reading comprehension is bad....

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Oh man, i wish VITA increases its sales. I want to get one, but not right now when technically the better they offer is ps4 crossgaming.

The hardware is pretty damn good and i'm curious about how them will improve the use of the "double touch" in their games

iamdeath said:
LOL, nintendo fans sure are sensitive these days.

lol, arent you more sensative? You keep on bringing it up. Oh well -_-

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
iamdeath said:
LOL, nintendo fans sure are sensitive these days.

I'm sensitive because I said nintendo fans who have made this go 11 pages are sensitive? What kind of alien logic is that?

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-3ds-and-ps-vita-aren-t-competing-211565.phtml

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/10/ps-vita-is-not-competing-with-3ds-or-ipad/

The one article's title is misleading, Koller doesnt say that PSV isnt in competition with the 3DS. Doesnt even mention the 3DS!

And the other article has no source. Theres also no direct quote from Hiroshi Kawano....

Never the less im sure if you look harder you could probably find an actual article where Sony does downplay the competition.

Andperhaps i was wrong to say that Sony never said it. However Yoshida certainly isnt saying that in the OP which is what HappyD was arguing.

Misleading my butt!

The Vita is "insulated from the competition" is the direct quote. That obviously excludes 3DS as a competitor to the Vita. Also, if you want to find the direct quote from Kawano it is all over the internet.

Does it matter? Not really, Sony has a long history of downplaying their competition. In my opinion the hubris of the first two PlayStation generations is deeply ingrained in the corporate culture in Sony. They took shots at the Wii, the DS and now the 3DS and got completely rolled each time. In that perspective it's interesting to see that Yoshida now goes pretty far in admitting that the Vita will not catch the 3DS.

Of course, feel free to claim that it's unfounded and off topic or whatever. If you consider things in context however, the previous attitude of Sony excecutives towards competing hardware is definietly a valid point to bring up in regards to the quote. As I have said, to me the quote looks like he admits defeat to the 3DS and by extention the failure of the Vita, to others it will look like a great push to make the Vita relevant in the market they are interested in.

Thread's been derailed already?

So this thread has effectively turned into nothing but pointless bickering so I'm locking it.

Signature goes here!

iamdeath said:
tbone51 said:

I'm sensitive because I said nintendo fans who have made this go 11 pages are sensitive? What kind of alien logic is that?

You are sensitive because you bring the Wii U vs. PS4 and Xbone in a thread about Vita and 3DS. Also, who are this Nintendo fans you are speaking of? I only see one.

Nintendo and PC gamer